Africa Trade Insurance Agency is seeking to recruit a Underwriter.
Reporting to the Chief Underwriting Officer through the Senior Underwriter, the Underwriter will
market and generate business for ATI as well as assess the businesses ATI is underwriting.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Generate business through marketing activities and increasing the visibility of ATI. This involves meeting one-on-one with clients, brokers and prospects as well as attending different marketing events organized by ATI or ATI’s business partners
• Organize/manage awareness events in countries of responsibility
Underwriting business which includes:
• Screening business enquiries based on eligibility criteria;
• Assess the risks of the proposed transactions and produce a report of the risk to convince approvers to accept the risk;
• Issue non-binding/indicative term sheets
• Arrange reinsurance for transactions requiring reinsurance support
• Preparation of policy documents
• Educating policy holders on the A-Z of the policy they are about to sign
Managing and monitoring the underwritten risk - support and guide the Post Contract Management Officer in:
• Ensuring timely payment of premiums;
• Following up on any outstanding documentation/information from policyholders
• Continuously monitoring the assigned portfolio, pre-empting any potential risk events
thereon; and promptly bringing such to management’s attention
Qualification Required & Experience
• At a least a university degree plus a in Finance, Insurance, Banking or Law
• Master’s degree in the relevant area is an added advantage
• A Professional qualification: Insurance CII / CPA/ Professional Banking Certification (is an added advantage)
• Knowledge of insurance and re-insurance
• Knowledge of French is an added advantage
• Proficiency in MS Office suite of packages
• Report writing
• Negotiation skills
• Time management
• Good oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Presentation skills
• Analytical skills
• Strategic thinking
• Judgement and decision making skills
• Ability to work beyond normal working hours when the job so demands
• At least 4-5 years’ experience in banking, insurance or finance related environment/background.
• Your key internal relationships are with the credit, finance, marketing and procurement departments while externally you will have contacts with brokers, banks, insurance companies, reinsurance companies, corporate clients and governments.
How To Apply For The Job
Please submit an Application Letter, Personal History Form (Downloaded from the ATI website) CV, plus details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees to:
Click Here To Download Personal History Form
ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.
07 February, 2020