UT Bank, an indigenous Ghanaian company in the financial industry is seeking to recruit ambitious and self-motivated persons as various Unit Heads in the Corporate Banking Department. The successful candidates should be reliable, self-starters and individuals who take pride in their work. In the performance of their duties, Unit Heads will be required to demonstrate high integrity, excellent commercial insight of the industry and great communication skills.
• Reporting to the Head of Corporate Banking, the role involves business development relationship management and client experience of customers who export import and distribute goods; proactively consult clients to help achieve financial goals by providing smart financial solutions for personal and business needs; serve as a trusted advisor for target businesses; collaborate with a team of product partners to understand the clients' holistic business needs; through such collaboration, develop revenue growth by identifying emerging needs and providing appropriate solutions and services to the client
• The Head of Business Unit will have secondary oversight of all Relationship Managers and Relationship Officers in the specific Unit
• Respond to initial business enquiries, source new customers, follow up leads and meet with business customers face-to-face
• Keep up-to-date with the financial services market and UT Bank's products and services and marketing those that best meet the business clients' needs
• Run through customers' proposals and plans, suggest potential options. to market services and grow the customers' business
• Investigate financial options available to the customers' business
• Proactively promote, monitor and improve products
• Implement and monitor sales plans with management
• Visit business customers' premises to assess the quality of facilities and management, and risk assess financial status and how well each business is performing against plans and targets
• Maintain ongoing relationships with customers, regularly reviewing their business and product needs
• Ensure compliance with legal requirements, industry regulations, organizational policies and professional codes
Qualification Required & Experience
• Credit and Relationship Management Skills
• Knowledge of Banking, Credit and Risk practices as well as insight into Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statements
• Cross selling and product presentation capabilities
• Management of similar Corporate Banking portfolios
• Proven ability to identify opportunities and convert them into pipeline deals and actual business.
• The successful management of team in current and previous roles
• Own monthly performance review process and ensure that direct reports complete their balance score cards every month
• Review key team activities and performance reports, taking appropriate actions to ensure business objectives are achieved
• Manage staff performance using the Balanced Scorecard as well as other performance management methods such as coaching and performance analysis
• A minimum of a First degree plus a Professional Qualification or a Post Graduate Qualification
• Must have not less than five (5) years managerial experience
• Working knowledge of the Chinese language is an added advantage
How To Apply For The Job
If you have what it takes and meet the essential requirements enumerated above please forward your most recent CV to:-
(not later than 2 weeks after publication of this advert) indicating in the subject area the role being applied for.
14 December, 2015
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.