This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities.
Unit Manager – Health and Safety Operations
• Develop health and safety policies and procedures;
• Implement, Coordinate and Manage Health and Safety program for the mine;
• Prepare and control departmental budgets;
• Ensure that routine inspections and audits of the workplace are carried out, and corrective and preventive actions are implemented through tracking;
• Ensure safety inductions for all new and existing employees, contractors and all visitors onsite are conducted;
• Ensure, lead and/or participate in incident reporting, investigation, finding root causes of all incidents and taking remedial actions to prevent future occurrence;
• Lead the development of safety and health documentation, Risk Management and standard operating procedures within the framework of continuous improvement;
• Track and report progress of safety initiatives;
• Coordinate safety training of employees;
• Work with and ensure 3rd party contractors and vendors are aware and comply with all health and safety policies and procedures;
• Ensure the conduct of safety meetings for the mine and third party contractors;
• Liaise with government departments and other agencies on health and safety matters, and ensure compliance with all statutory obligations;
• Train, motivate staff and positively influence the safe productive improvement of Safety and Health processes and practices within the Company;
• Ensure compliance to the Safety and Health Management System and participate in system audits.
• Support the SHS Manager in the entire management of safety and Health of the company.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree or Graduate Diploma in Health, Safety and Loss Prevention or degree/diploma in the engineering or the earth sciences or equivalent. A master’s degree is an added advantage
• q ICAM or TapRoot Trained;
• Minimum 8 years’ experience working in the health and safety field in mining or related industry;
• Accident/incident investigation experience;
• Thorough understanding of Safety Management Systems;
• Sound knowledge of risk management and loss prevention processes;
• Auditing, training and first aid qualifications desirable;
• Excellent report writing skills;
• Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills;
• Competent in MS Office suits
• Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislative requirements;
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group;
• Proven track record in the mining industry in practical Health and Safety;
• Proven Leadership experience and ability to manage employees to build effective motivated team;
• Must have a valid Ghanaian license, minimum of five years driving experience, and ability to drive in
How To Apply For The Job
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
• Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
• Limit your CV to 4 pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
• Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Unit Manager – HR Administration,
Keegan Resources (Ghana) Ltd.
No. 4, Sir ArkuKorsah Road,
Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153,
Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
14 January, 2016