Transforming Teaching, Education & Learning (T-TEL) is a newly formed Ghanaian not-for-profit organisation which aims to become a leading supplier of educational technical assistance for improving learning outcomes and greater productivity.
T-TEL is now recruiting for several technical and operational roles with an anticipated start date of September 2020. All positions are dependent upon securing donor funds and are based in Accra unless stated. Job Title:
University Lead Coordinators (x5) Reporting and Management
• Reports to National Teacher Education Coordinator
• Line management responsibility for 1 or 2 Education Advisers Job Description Responsible for leading on relationships and implementing workstreams with each university and their affiliated CoEs including quality assurance, technical support and performance monitoring and overseeing the following tasks and activities:
• Work with each university to provide technical and financial support to enable the delivery of new B.Ed. and PG Certificate courses for SHS teachers from the 2022/23 academic year onwards.
• Provide technical and financial support to enable universities to deliver activities to ensure effective implementation of the B.Ed. in Initial Teacher Education in affiliated Colleges of Education. This will include work to ensure that universities are developing appropriate Teacher Professional Learning Community (TPLC) and Professional Development Session (PDS) materials linked to the new B.Ed; the establishment of Teaching and Learning Material (TLM) Resource Centres in all 46 CoEs and work with MMDDEs and partner schools to ensure that Supported Teaching in School (STS) is implemented as intended across all 2,000 partner schools.
• Represent the organisation in public forums and meetings as required and produce written reports and updates as needed to fulfil obligations to clients.
• Stakeholder management and relationship building with the university, CoEs, RMMDDEs and other relevant stakeholders.
• Work pro-actively to develop and oversee implementation of workplans and resolve problems and issues as and when they arise in association with universities, CoEs and line managed staff. Qualification Required & Experience Candidate Specification
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in education, project management or a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 10 years working experience in education project management, people management, capacity building workshops organisation and facilitation is required
• Demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of, the value of education
• Knowledge and experience of the teacher education sector in Ghana including knowledge of teaching and learning, school management, and education quality improvement.
• Excellent managerial and planning skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted workplans and see them through to completion by supporting others to deliver.
• Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Line management experience and ability to form high performing teams.
• Experience of monitoring the implementation of work plans, performance and results.
• Well-organised, task- and time- oriented, and with close attention to details.
• Good ICT and report writing skills including experience in preparing donor reports.
• Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible Location:
Accra, Winneba, Cape Coast, Kumasi & Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. Closing Date:
18 July, 2020