Chemonics International, a US-based international development consulting firm, seeks an experienced Vaccine Logistics Officer (VLO) for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Ghana. He/She will be responsible for will primarily provide technical support to the Ghana Health Service, Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) to complement central level EPI logistics staff to support Ghana Integrated Logistics Management Information System (GhiLMIS) utilization within the program. The VLO will work with central level EPI staff to ensure that all needed transactions on the covid-19 vaccine and other vaccines plus associated consumables are appropriately captured in the GhiLMIS system, generate the relevant reports, and share with the central level program leadership to promote improved supply chain decision making and effective implementation of the vaccination program. In addition, the VLO will be responsible for providing technical assistance for enhanced and sustained use of GhiLMIS at both central and regional level. Duties and Responsibilities (GhiLMIS Implementation): I. On Boarding Data Validation
• Support and ensure the collection and consolidation of accurate data for on-boarding of health facilities onto GhiLMIS; Validate data collected for onboarding to ensure data integrity and data consistency in the GhiLMIS solution II. Inventory Management
• Ensure all COVID vaccine related data is accurately captured in the system
• Generate COVID related reports to central level program leadership
• Review vaccine data from districts cold chain stores yet to be onboarded and conduct inventory adjustments at the RMS to ensure system stock matches physical stock on hand.
• Work with regional EPI Coordinators and/or RMS managers to plan and execute cycle count for all commodities based on established regional schedule
• Provide support for adjustments (if any) and closing of cycle counts (stock taking) to ensure accurate data
• Work closely with the regional EPI Coordinators and/or RMS managers to generate orders for program commodities from the central level. III. Generate Reports
• Ensure needed reports including inventory and stock status reports are generated from the system to support management decision
• Generate reports which would be used for auditing purposes as well as track system utilization.
• Support design and build new reports to improve efficiency
• Work with relevant staff at EPI to generate regular (daily, weekly, monthly) reports relating to stock levels, re-order levels, distribution plans, stock forecasting for COVID-19 vaccines and supplies and GhiLMIS stock monitoring to reduce excess stock/ avoid stock-outs. IV. Ensure GhiLMIS system utilization
• Conduct periodic review of system usage and provide feedback to the GhiLMIS team.
• Discuss system usage analytics report with specific stakeholders and support development of mitigation strategies
• Conduct supportive Supervision to provide end-users with on the job training to ensure system usability as well as provide functional support to addressing functional and viability issues
• Provide an oversight to the users on the use of the system and address any key concerns and questions that users may have. The oversight will also assist identifying which sites may need further handholding after training
• Provide Technical Assistance to Regional and District EPI coordinators to ensuring that all transactions (issues, receipts, discards, transfers etc.) of COVID-19 vaccines and related commodities such as syringes are entered in the GhiLMIS at all levels of the vaccine supply value chain
• Provide helpdesk support to EPI coordinators at the regional and district levels in respect of GhiLMIS and escalate concerns to the national level helpdesk team
• Undertake field visits to monitor the implementation of the GhiLMIS and provide technical inputs to address gaps and bottlenecks in the implementation of the system
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor. Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must possess at least a Medical, Pharmacy, Public Health, Supply Chain Management or Health related degree from a reputable University. Advanced qualification in the above or related field of study will be an added advantage. Experience, Skills & Abilities:
• A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in health commodity management or supply chain related functions.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in public health/ health care/ vaccine management or cold chain management.
• Experience with LMIS, IT, and or immunization programmes will be an advantage.
• Must be proficient in computers and computer systems utilization.
• Knowledge of MS-Office applications viz. Excel; Word and PowerPoint and internet is essential.
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is essential.
• Strong analytical, negotiating and communication skills.
• Sound knowledge of the health supply chain system in Ghana. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online
Please label application and email with the exact job title and location if indicated Closing Date:
15 June, 2021