The Governing council of Cape Coast Technical University Announces the Executive Search for hardworking, resourceful and visionary persons for the following position: VICE-CHANCELLOR
The Cape Coast Technical University was converted from a Polytechnic to a Technical University by an Act of Parliament establishing Technical Universities in Ghana. The University is mandated by the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922), to provide higher education in Engineering, Science and Technology based disciplines, Technical and Vocational Education and Training, Applied Arts and related disciplines. The University is a leading Technical University that offers high quality career-oriented programmes for national development.
The Vice-Chancellor is:
• The academic, executive head and chief disciplinary officer of the University and is responsible to the Governing Council of the University.
• Responsible in accordance with the decisions of Statutes, Council, and Academic Board, for organizing and conducting the academic, financial and administrative business of the University in accordance to the Statutes.
• Responsible for the promotion of a world-class, high quality Technical University education and the provision of the necessary academic and administrative leadership.
• The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University consistent with the Technical Universities, Act 2016 (Act 922) as amended and Statutes of Cape Coast Technical University.
• The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Have a minimum of research Masters’ degree preferably in Administration, Management related area and preferably aprofessional qualification in the relevant discipline.
• Have at least twelve (12) years post qualification working experience in a senior administrative position in tertiary education or related institution.
• Have served at least a Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization at the time of applying.
• Be a servant leader and be able to plan, organize, implement and administratively manage all activities related to the Office of the Registrar.
• Demonstrate sound judgement, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism.
• Be able to provide sound advice to the Vice Chancellor in all issues affecting the administrative functions of the University.
• Have wide experience in the management of student and staff records in a manner that is consistent with the University's mission and accreditation standards.
• Be able to develop implementation strategy to achieve the Mission and Vision of the University.
• Have excellent inter-personal and organizational skill and a commitment to outstanding student service.
• Be able to effectively communicate with students, administrators and external agencies.
• Be able to work with and influence others to achieve operational requirements.
• Be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Be able to serve a full term of four (4) years before reaching the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
How to Apply For the Job
• Candidates are to submit six (6) copies each of their application letter attached to their Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.
• Applicants are to include a short statement of not more than four (4) pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation.
• Applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to the Registry of the University and signed for or submitted using a registered postal mail to reach the address below (as applicable) and copied to the email addresses below not later than February 27, 2019
The Acting Registrar
c/o Office of the Registrar
Cape Coast Technical University
P. O. Box DL50
Email: [email protected]
27 February, 2019
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED