• The Vice-Rector will assist the Rector in the performance of his duties and co-ordinate the day-to-day administration of academic matters of the appropriate Division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Be the deputy of the Rector to lead the College in all academic and related matters
oversees academic planning, academic program review, and curriculum development
• Co-ordinate all academic activities of the Division at national and international levels that contribute to the College’s strategic academic direction;
• Oversee the academic activities of the faculties, as well as other independent academic units, including both the appointment of academic staff and the oversight of those aspects of the College’s quality assurance systems designed to underpin and guarantee the high quality of the College’s teaching and research.
• Supervises budget preparation for the academic and academic-related programs, allocating and reallocating funds and resources to and from these programs.
• Prepare concept papers for the roll out of CDPs.
• Be able to attract research grants into the Divisional Programs.
• Provides leadership in creating and maintaining academic standards and policies.
• Be Secretary to both the Divisional and faculty Boards.
• A registered and distinguished pharmacist of good standing with not less than 5years experience.
• A Fellow of the Ghana College of Pharmacists or West African Post Graduate College of Pharmacists.
• Must be of good disposition, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as be an effective team player.
• Must have proven managerial and administrative experience. The possession of a post- graduate in a relevant discipline will be an advantage.
• Must have good business acumen and capable of attracting and managing the resources of the College to achieve optimal results.
Qualification Required & Experience
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 5 years’ experience in a senior academic management position
• Demonstrable competence in managing sizable groups of academics and professionals
• Keen interest in and strong commitment to upholding the academic quality and standard of the College.
• Any other duties assigned by the Rector.
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
• Be a visionary leader, able to communicate the College’s vision and mission and inspire trust through an open and consultative style;
• Be forward looking to and able to lead those under him/her to strive for excellence;
• Should have considerable experience in academic programme development and review as well as quality assurance in teaching and learning;
• Vision and demonstrated commitment to promote a student-centered undergraduate experience, graduate education and excellence in research;
• Should have excellent management and interpersonal skills, and able to cope with the College’s staff members who have diverse interests;
• An energetic and innovative thinker who has the persistence, enthusiasm and energy to start up new plans and keep them going (general to all);
• Demonstrate good leadership and teamwork, be able to listen and evaluate opinions with good judgment/decisions.
• Must have excellent managerial and leadership skills
• Must be highly motivated person
• Must be a team player
• Must have a high level of integrity
• Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How To Apply For The Job
Applications with the subject heading of preferred position should be emailed to:
with cover letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates and documents.
14 June, 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.