Waiter Reports to:
Hotel Manager Summary of Position:
• To accurately and completely take food and beverage orders, efficiently serve food and beverages to customers and attend to customers' needs. Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and china.
• Greet and escort customers to their tables
• Present the menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
• Inform customers about the day’s specials
• Offer menu recommendations upon reques
• Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, regular order pad, or by memorization. Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
• Serve food and drinks.
• Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
• Deliver checks and collect bill payments
• Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
• Meet with the head chef to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations
• Follow all relevant health department regulations.
• Provide excellent customer service to guests. Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a minimum of SSCE or WASCE certificate
• 2 years’ experience working in similar position. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system
• Basic math skills
• Attentiveness and patience for customers
• Excellent handwriting.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills
• Active listening and effective communication skills
• Team spirit
• Extremely high personal hygiene, hair, teeth, fingernails, etc, and attractively dressed or possibly in uniform.
• Flexibility to work in shifts Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All resumes should be sent to this email address: [email protected]
with the position being applied for as the reference Closing Date:
16 February, 2022