AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking experienced and self-motivated person to join our team as: WAREHOUSE OFFICER
The Warehouse Officer is required to perform all warehouse activities and provide critical services to user departments and to be involved primarily in cycle count compliant activities, receiving of deliveries, issuing of user requirements through reservations, posting and filling of reservations , housekeeping, operations of MHEs when required, weighbridge oversight among others and also comply with safety procedures, environmental and all regulatory requirements, as well as CAR warehouse management standards, controls and procedures while delivering high customer service to all who call at the warehouse.
• Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
• Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
• Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
• Ensure compliance with Safety KPIs including, reporting all incidents and acting on all corrective actions assigned for timely completion.
• Enforce environmental work procedures issued by the Departmental Manager.
• Investigate environmental incidents in assigned work areas.
• Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings
• Follow standard procedures and perform assigned tasks in warehouse operations processes and practices including transporter deliveries, receipting, storage, issuing and despatch procedures for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including requirements for Operations Readiness. In terms of stock control, implement standardized stock taking and cycle count schedules, procedures, and practices.
• Contribute to the annual warehouse operations cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and long business plans
• Assist the work of the Warehouse Operations function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
• Work with assigned resources and expertise to develop the team to deliver the annual budget capably and consistently, according to their role and level of authority
• Align routine tasks to drive implementation of projects and designed to nurture and sustain a culture of accountability and Continuous Improvement within team
• Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of HND in Purchasing & Supply or HND in Engineering
• Membership of APICS, CIPS-UK or any equivalent professional qualification will be an added advantage
• At least two (2) years’ experience in integrated warehouse operations in mining, oil & gas or heavy industrial equipment operations or environment.
• Experience in SAP ERP will be an added advantage
• Displaying technical and professional expertise, innovating, taking initiative, etc
• Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development
• Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship
• Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
06 March, 2023