AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Water Management Superintendent.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Water Management Superintendent will ensure the water management strategy will be the frame worked and operated within. Periodic assessment of water use and subsequent recommendations as well as approval will be required from the Water Management Superintendent for improvement works. He /she will also serve as the technical advisor coordinating with relevant consultants to ensure underground dewatering, surface water treatment facilities, operating TSFs integrity are intact and alert on any concerns.
• Demonstrate Safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
• Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
• Assess surface and groundwater quality and quantity at the operational area and neighbouring communities.
• Periodically review mine water monitoring programme for its continuous suitability and appropriateness.
• Coordinate the site EQWIN water quality database (monitoring data and GIS data) to ensure all data is captured, analyzed and used to identify and manage water related risks in the operational area and neighbouring communities.
• Management, design and construction supervision of groundwater monitoring wells and water supply wells.
• Manage and regularly calibrate the site OPSIM predictive water balance to inform decisions around surface and groundwater resources management.
• Initiate and update where relevant groundwater and geochemistry models to identify and manage relevant plume contamination around strategic water inventories to minimize impact to the receiving environment.
• Undertake environmental impact assessment on water to ensure that adverse impact on local and regional water resources is avoided and/or minimized.
• Identify local and reginal water quality risk and set objective to manage it.
• Prepare regulatory report on quantitative and qualitative water resources used (inflows and outflows)
• Develop and update Obuasi site water management strategy in alignment with AGA corporate Water management standard.
• Develop and update standard operating procedures and processes for key water storage containments, hydrogeological and dewatering guidelines in alignment with water management strategy.
• Facilitate technology and knowledge transfer between operations on water management (treatment, monitoring, risk assessment), hydrology, hydrogeology, and operating mine dewatering.
• Review/assess and report(s) on the status of the water supply, water abstraction, monitoring wells and consumption.
• Assist and supervise drilling of wells for monitoring and water supply.
• Periodically measure water level from monitoring wells, key water containments and ponds/pit water.
• Oversee and coordinate the water treatment facilities operate & maintain contract to ensure water treatment objectives are met in alignment with site water management strategies relating to volume discharged and quality compliance requirements
• Periodically update water balance model to represent changes in water reticulation systems.
• Provide estimation of design parameters from the water balance model for water infrastructural design.
• Undertake simulations of extreme hydrological conditions and subsequent recommendations for planning.
• Participate in formal cost and schedule review to support accurate and timely reporting.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Recognized tertiary qualification in Geological Engineering, Hydrogeology, Civil Engineering
• Plant/Met/Processing Officer / Superintendent Certificate of competence
• Professional membership (GhiE or equivalent)
• 8 - 10years’ experience in a geological practice on a recognized mine.
• Preferably 3 - 5 years experience at frontline Hydrological and water management practice
• Experience and understanding of total mining cycle.
• Proven experience in water modelling
• Management water reticulation and volume estimations.
• Evaluate tailings storage facility and integrity
• Operating and SIBC budgeting planning, forecasting and control
• Use of water management modelling software (OPSIM)
• Understanding of regulatory guidelines and policies and enforcing compliance
• In depth understanding of water reticulation systems
• Self-driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
• Technical document evaluation and advise process plant management.
• Strong and proven decision-making skills
• Cost management
• Discipline in adhering to rules and regulations
• Community relation and sustainability
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
02 March, 2023