Ministry of Gender Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP)
Job Vacancy For Web Developer At Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP)
The web developer will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to GNHR MIS specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
The Web Developer wili perform the following duties:
• Create web site desiqns for GNHR MIS
• Produce sample sites
• Draw up detailed website specifications and determine requirements
• Meet with clients to discuss requirements and/or project progress
• Demonstrate and receive feedback about draft sites
• Write and edit content, debug code and re-design web pages
• Work closely with Software Developer and Systems Analyst to achieve a database drive GNHR website
• Implement search engine optimization
• In coordination with Systems Analyst develop and implement computer application systems, modules and any software components needed to support GNHR programmes and projects.
• Develop system and module graphical interfaces, web modules, database modules, application reports and statistics, and any software components needed to deliver complete and functional applications systems required by the GNHR.
• Perform all necessary software maintenance, including coding, testing, debugging. upgrading and modifications of software requested by the management.
• Develop and maintain system and software documentation in order to facilitate maintenance and upgrade activities.
• Provide the necessary technical support and work on a team basis to all members of the MIS team to accomplish the software development and implementation tasks requested by the Management.
• Practice test and production environments segregation.
• The Web Developer will report to the Systems Analyst and prepare and submit quarterly reports accordingly.
Duration of Assignment
• The contract will last for one (1) year initially, but renewable for a second year subject to satisfactory performance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor's degree (4 years) in Computer Sciences [CS] or a related field.
• At least 4+ years working experience as Web/Software Developer or Systems
• Engineer on enterprise level projects in organizations preferably CMMI or equivalent certified.
• Extensive Web Encryption experience in .NetjJava application development Framework.
• Proven database programming experience with PL SQL (1 + year), SQL / Optimization, Oracle / SQL Server (large scale systems).
• The candidate must have prior experience in taking over & enhancement of legacy code intensive applications.
• Knowledge and experience using the Oracle/equivalent enterprise level database platform wil! be preferred.
• Proficient in web development and design (HTML, CSS, Java SCript, AJAX, ASP .NET, C#, JSP).
• Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is needed to be successful In this position. Broad working knowledge of distributed system components including workstations, database servers, and applications servers.
• Strong understanding of network architecture.
• Strong OOP development experience.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send CVs to:-
National Coordinator, National Targeting Unit
Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection
P. O. Box MBO 186
Closing Date: 07 January, 2016
• PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE ENVELOPE.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.