AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Winder CIC Specialist. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Winder CIC Specialist is accountable for monitoring and control of quality of winder CIC technicians and the winding equipment to ensure the operation is at all times compliant, safe, in accordance with operational and Engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Provide Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
• Provide technical input to the Superintendent Winders & Shafts for inclusion to the Safety Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Planning Manager, Technical Services Manager and Construction Manager in order to develop the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
• Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate execution of the Operation, Supervision and training of Winder CIC personnel in Compliance to LI2182, Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan.
• Environmental-related workplace instruction to any employees.
• Zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure.
• Monitor Winder CIC team processes that support in the execution of the role
• Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
• Review, approval and sign off of the winding training items detailed in the Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued.
• Deliver winder operating training and qualification levels consistent with the refurbishment plan and commencement of operations stages
• Design and put in place reporting structure to provide major inputs to Maintenance Manager - UG to allow reporting of Operational Readiness for the winding operations.
• Monitor the compliant completion of the winding aspects of the Operational Readiness plan for the mining teams including localisation plan.
• Monitor and ensure the work carried out by the underground maintenance team on the winding equipment is of a standard that is compliant, supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
• Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
• Task subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
• Coordinate the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy
• Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
• Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
• Verify that the electrical training aspects of winder refurbishment remain within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
• Develop the risk and risk mitigation plans and activities for all winder training work
• Develop the plan to ensure winder competence and availability is developed in line with the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
• Develop and maintain the CIC training portion of the Winding Engineering Management Plan, as a key Project Execution Plan sub plan for the area of accountability
• Arrange input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs for refurbishment activities. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in CIC, or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent.
• Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses. Experience
• An experienced CIC Engineer with 5+ years’ experience in underground mining.
• Experience in training CIC personnel from scratch to compliant certification
• Knowledge of Mine Winders will be an advantage
• Experience in Project Management
• Knowledge of SAP PM module. Legal Requirement
• Must possess Superintendent Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana. Or Winder Operations Specialist Certificate or Similar – issued by the Government of Ghana or an international certificate valid in Ghana
• Professional Certificated Specialist with a relevant certification body or be able to obtain. Technical Competencies
• Strong Winder Operations competencies in underground mining will be an advantage
• Sound project management skills
• Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
• Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
• Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties. Leadership Competencies
• Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs.
• Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs.
• Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
• Consistent with the company values
• Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
• To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
• Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving. Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
18 March, 2021