AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Winder Driver Trainer. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Winder Driver Trainer is accountable for coordinating the work, training, monitoring and control of quality, of cage operators and Winder Driver s to ensure the operation is at all times fully compliant with LI2182, safe, and compliant with operational and Engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• The role holder is accountable for Winder Driver team in Statutory Inspections of Winders, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all Other winder related Jobs in accordance/compliance LI2182. to enable personnel to safely perform their designated work
• Monitor Winder Driver in Statutory Inspections of Winders, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all Other winder related Jobs in accordance/compliance LI2182, Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Monitor team processes that support in the execution of the role.
• Execute timely completion of Winder Driver Training as per training plan
• Design and put in place reporting structure to provide major inputs to Maintenance Manager - UG to allow reporting of Operational Readiness for the winder operations.
• Monitor and ensure the Winder Driver understands the winder maintenance requirements for winder, shaft and rope maintenance scheduled.
• Coordinate respective training of Winder Drivers and record each task achieved.
• Develop the risk and risk mitigation plans and activities for all winder training work
• Adapt the Winder Driver training to fall within the required Maintenance system plans
• Task subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
• Coordinate the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy
• Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
• Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives Qualification Required & Experience
• An experienced Winder Driver with 10+ years’ experience in underground mining Experience
• Experience of training winder drivers from scratch to compliant certification
• Experience in Project Management Legal Requirement
• Must have the MINCOM Certification as a Winder Driver. Technical Competencies
• Demonstrated training experience in winder driver certification.
• Knowledge of Man and Rock Winders
• Knowledge of AC and DC Winders practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
• Proficient in training Winder Drivers. Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
18 March, 2021