• Provide EHS advise to the Jubilee Asset team and lead in the implementation of Tullow’s EHS policy in order to ensure that FPSO operations in the Jubilee field are conducted safely and in accordance with regulatory requirements and best industry practice.
• Key requirement for the position is to play a significant role in the coaching and development of a EHS Ghanaian Professional to take this lead role. Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree or equivalent in an engineering
• International Certificate in Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental or equivalent
• Valid medical exam certificate in accordance with UKOOA.
• Valid BOSIET Certificate.
• Experience in offshore EHS Operations and / or Projects specifically acting as an EHS Advisor/Team Leader/Manager
• Practical experience of offshore regulations and/or industry standards which include; Safety Case Methodology, BSI, NFPA, SOLAS, MARPOL, Oil Spill Response, International Oil and Gas Producers standards (OGP), International World Bank /IFC’s EHS performance standards).
• High level of experience in coaching and training which will be crucial in developing our Ghanaian trainees. Business Behaviours:
• High personal integrity
• Flexible approach and able to work under pressure.
• Positive and enthusiastic
• Committed to high EHS standards.
• Good communicator with open and constructive styles
• Able to lead and influence EHS at all levels. Main Responsibilities:
• Ensure that corporate policies on EHS and Asset Integrity have specific implementation strategies and plans in place for TGL’s FPSO Operations
• Ensure that the FPSO EHS/Safety Case requirements are maintained current, in particular:
• Register of Risk Assessments and Major Hazards for FPSO Operations and related offshore support activities including those for Sub Sea systems
• EHS Management system procedures related to FPSO Major Hazards
• EHS training resources and program including FPSO emergency response drills and exercises
• Development of inspection & audit programmes of all offshore assets, including support vessels,
• Coordination and input into HAZOP studies for FPSO processing facilities
• Ensuring that proper functional EHS/safety specifications are set for all EHS Critical equipment in relation to FPSO major hazards
• Ensure that the appointed Offshore EHS Specialists carry out their duties in terms of their job description and liaise with all contractor EHS similarly.
• Ensure that all safety related programmes/ procedures and systems are conducted on all departmental and contracted assets.
• Liaise with Operations Manager/ FPSO Managers / Contractors EHS Managers with regard to EHS matters on the project.
• Liaise with Operations department engineering staff.
• Ensure that proper safety induction briefings are conducted for all new personnel.
• Act as secretary to the Operations Department EHS Meeting.
• Attend the Operations Contractors EHS Forums.
• Review safety training and emergency preparedness of the Operations department personnel. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
15 September, 2014 Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and lasting relationship. We strive to recruit the best candidate for any position in Tullow and this goal is underpinned by our attractive market-based remuneration and employment policies