Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT)
Job Vacancy For General Cleaner At Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT)
• Sweeps, mops scrubs, and vacuums floors of buildings, using cleaning solutions, tools and equipment.
• Cleans or polishes walls, ceilings, windows, plant equipment and building fixtures, using steam cleaning equipment, scrapers, brooms and variety of hand and power tools.
• Applies waxes or sealers to wood or concrete floors.
• Gathers and empties trash,
• Notifies management personnel concerning need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Dusts furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
• Mixes water and detergents or acids in container to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
• Mows and trims lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clears debris from grounds.
• Cleans laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
• Sprays insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
• Requisitions supplies and equipment used in cleaning and maintenance duties.
• Sets up, arranges, and removes decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding, for events such as banquets and social functions.
• Moves items between departments, manually or using hand truck.
• Takes proper custody and care of working tools and equipment.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Junior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent
• Ability to read basic operating instructions.
• Familiarity with proper use of chemicals and cleaning products.
• Knowledge or applicable safety precautions and procedures.
How To Apply For The Job
Application letters with curriculum vitae (CV) and photocopies of relevant certificates, should be forwarded to the
GHANA NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TEACHERS
Closing Date: 16 January, 2015