The Group Manager Resourcing will be responsible for devising and executing an efficient and cost effective recruitment service, resulting in the hire of quality talent for Ecobank Group and Affiliates and ensuring the reputation of the in-house recruitment team as a responsive and ultimately proactive partner to the business. Key responsibilities:
• Work with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to develop and execute the most effective recruitment strategies and processes to efficiently fill open positions.
• Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
• Generate qualified candidates through cost-effective recruiting efforts such as social and professional networking platforms, job boards, Internet sourcing and internal Employee Referral Programs.
• Manage the recruitment process life-cycle, including initial assessments, interview coordination, and offer negotiation.
• Perform reference and background checks for potential employees.
• Maintain high-touch and proactive direct communication with candidates during the recruitment life-cycle.
• Identify future talent needs in partnership with business and HR and proactively source qualified candidates to develop talent pools in advance of future requirements.
• Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
• Network through industry contacts, professional associations, trade groups and networks of current employees and maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
• Coordinate and implement Graduate Recruitment initiatives.
• Develop and maintain relationships with third party recruitment agencies and staffing firms and manage the procurement and measurement process.
• Represent Ecobank in the local market to increase brand awareness in key talent pools
• Maintain reporting of metrics and data generation for all sourcing and recruitment activity
• Head up administration of Internal Referral Program
• Develop specialized or competitive intelligence and research with regard to talent acquisition and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
Advise and support senior management and HR Heads with resourcing strategies Qualification Required & Experience Background/experience
• Graduate Degree
• A minimum of 10 years of human resources experience gained in an international environment
• A minimum of 5 years of corporate recruiting and/or agency recruiting experience; conducting end to end recruitment for high profile positions and diverse functions
• Extensive experience of recruitment across Africa and internationally across other emerging as well as developed markets
• Familiarity with Financial Services
• Possessing a well-established network of contacts and ability to utilise this network effectively to meet recruitment needs
• Strong business acumen
• Proven ability to work across multiple functions within a changing environment
• Extensive sourcing experience with internet based tools such as LinkedIn
• Demonstrated experience in applying recruitment best practices and competency/behavioural based assessment techniques
• Proven research and analytical skills and ability to make recommendations based on information gathered and sound judgement
• Knowledge of enterprise-wide HRIS and Applicant Tracking systems and proven experience working in a results measured environment Specific job skills
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Proven client management skills
• Proven ability to develop value-add partnerships with senior level management
• Interpersonal skills to influence and build credibility Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
22 January, 2014 Ecobank is the largest bank in Middle Africa operating as ‘One Bank’ across 33 African countries with the dual purpose of building a world-class pan-African bank and contributing to the economic and financial integration and development of Africa. We provide wholesale, retail, investment and transactional banking services to governments, financial institutions, multinationals, local corporates, SMEs and individuals. The bank has over 18,500 employees, 1200 branches and total assets of $20 billion. Our three strategic priorities are:
• Providing world class customer service, embracing technology to offer convenient, accessible and reliable banking
• Building shareholder value by taking a long-term strategic view and monetising our unique presence in Middle Africa
• Becoming an employer of choice by attracting, retaining and growing Africa’s best talent