Local Government Service
Human Resources / Admin
Job Vacancy For Head of Central Administration Department for MMDA At Local Government Service (Nationwide Recruitment)
The Head of Central Administration Department of the MMDA shall report to the Coordinating Director and shall supervise on the provision of support services, effective and efficient general administration of the MMDA.
Key Responsibilities/Job Summary:
• Participates in the preparation of Composite Budget and Annual Action Plan for the MMDA;
• Supervises the provision of support services for an effective and efficient general administration;
• Manages activities of records, estates, transport, logistics, procurement, accounts, stores and security of the MMDA;
• Coordinates general administrative functions, development planning and management functions, budgeting and rating functions, information services and statistics;
• Supervises HR management, planning and development of the MMDA.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor's Degree in Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent relevant discipline from a recognized University;
• A Master's Degree (MA,MSc, MPhil)in Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent relevant discipline from a recognized University shall be an added advantage;
• A minimum of Eight(8) years working experience in the Public Service with two (2) years in a managerial position (Deputy Director/Principal Grade, its equivalent or above);
• Working knowledge in the Local Government System;
• A staff of Local Government Service, and
• A member of a recognized professional body.
• Must be self-disciplined and self-motivated;
• Ability to facilitate collaboration across teams to achieve a common goal;
• Ability to initiate, define and address high-level challenges and opportunities that have the potential to advance and improve the Central Administration Department in particular and the MMDA in general;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
• Ability to use variety of communication vehicles to promote dialogue and develop shared understanding and consensus;
• Be able to analyze and synthesize information to understand issues, identify options and support sound decision making;
• Must be computer literate.
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit their application together with photocopies of certificates and Curricula Vitae (CV) to the respective Regional Coordinating Director of his/her Region. Deadline for the submission application shall be at 12:00 noon,
Closing Date: 12 December, 2012