We are recruiting a qualified Head of Finance, with experience in the food manufacturing sector, to join our food manufacturing business, of a client based in Accra.
Established in 2011, our Client, a subsidiary of an international food group, is a manufacturer and marketer of a broad range of processed foods (primarily sauces, spreads and condiments) in West Africa, with the aim of entering other growth regions of Africa.
Our Client seeks to fill the gap in the demand for locally-produced, affordable, and high-quality processed foods for the retail and food service sectors. They have a state-of-the-art production facility, located in Ghana, and have developed their own recipes for their proprietary products, including tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard and salad cream. We have also attracted a co-packing agreement with one of the world’s leading sauces and condiments producers to produce and supply their products into the West African market. Role:
• Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and working with key management team in Ghana, the Head of Finance will be responsible for all financial aspects of the Group, overseeing budgeting, forecasting, monthly management reporting, financial modelling and profitability analysis for the various product lines. Key responsibilities:
• Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organisation's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
• Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating industry relationships, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
• Prepare operating budgets and work with the CEO to ensure success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual requirements.
• Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organisation including: organisational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to the BOD, development and monitoring of organisational budgets.
• Maintaining a robust system of internal financial controls to safeguard the financial assets of the organisation.
• Supporting the General Manager and CEO with financial analysis of product performance.
• Ensure adequate cash flow to meet organisational needs.
• Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
• Oversee business insurance plans. Detailed duties:
• Maintaining the books of account and preparing consolidated monthly management and annual statutory accounts, for the Group.
• Producing various financial reports and other management information on the performance of the business.
• Bookkeeping, payroll, VAT filing and meeting all regulatory compliance requirements
• Preparing monthly consolidated management accounts with analysis of results and variances versus budget and recommended actions to management
• Managing the annual budgeting and cashflow forecasting process in collaboration with the CEO and General Manager.
• Analysing costs, gross margins and profitability of all products and making recommendations to the CEO and General Manager
• Preparing for and ensuring the successful completion of annual audits by overseeing the processes leading to the production of the final accounts.
• Maintaining and enhancing the integrity and efficiency of accounting systems and ensuring sound internal controls.
• Ensuring the integrity of the consolidated balance sheet via regular analysis and reconciliation
• Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, allowances, and salaries for the staff. Salary:
Commensurate with experience Qualification Required & Experience Essential Skills
• A recognised professional accounting qualification
• At least 7-10 years’ experience in a similar role
• Experience and understanding of accounting for manufacturing operations
• Experience in designing financial controls, cash flow forecasts and budgets and reporting against them
• Good knowledge of IFRS
• Working knowledge of Ghanaian payroll and tax legislation
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word/PP and similar office IT programmes plus extensive knowledge of accounting packages for financial management.
• Excellent English with good verbal and written communication. Desirable
• Experience within an international food manufacturing organisation
• Experience with Sage Accounting Software, ideally Sage One. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please send your CV and a cover letter, explaining why you would be suitable for the role, to [email protected]
with subject “Head of Finance”. Closing Date:
12 April, 2017
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to applications individually. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days your application has been unsuccessful. Only short listed applicant will thus be contacted.
All applicants should have either Ghanaian citizenship or be otherwise eligible to live and work in Ghana.
Virtual Point Associates is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.