Job Vacancy For Head, Network Operations
The successful candidate for this role will join our Network team as Head, Network Operations in the Technology Department. (S)He will report to the Director, Service Assurance and will control, manage and support the day to day network operations to ensure excellent and consistent customer experience, delivering operational excellence and +1 network experience in a cost efficient manner. The Head, Network Operations will ensure efficient operations of the MS partner with best practice delivery.
Management of all Network Operations & Maintenance Strategic Partners (SPs/MS) to deliver optimal availability and perpetual quality (Customer):
• Ensure end-to end operational management of the entire Active & Passive network elements such as Core/IN/VAS, Base station system and Transmission & power / tower systems;
• Draft, own and implement preventive maintenance, reactive maintenance & escalation procedures;
• Ensure periodic audit of all technology domains;
• Manage spares to ensure availability of both critical and non-critical spares;
• Manage Service Level Agreement (SLA) for network service providers/vendors;
• Ensure incidence management recommendations are followed up to ensure implementation;
• Support the Operational Interface for both internal and external stakeholders especially Commercial, Customer Service Delivery and IT teams;
• Ensure all regional requirements and deliverables of operations and maintenance are met within agreed timelines.
Operational policies and processes
• Create and Ensure adherence to governance model;
• Define service level agreements for internal processes as well as partners and monitor achievement of defined objectives to ensure an effective and efficient interface to all touch points;
• Ensure compliance to applicable policies and procedures across relevant touch points to ensure synergy across all Managed Service (MS) services;
• Institute service level agreement measurement methodology to ensure all MS are accurately measured, rewarded and penalized accordingly;
• Build a capable and motivated team to create a high performance team environment
• Develop and motivate team members through structured training and on the job coaching;
• Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A University Degree in any field with emphasis on Electrical /Electronic /Telecoms Engineering or related disciplines. Possession of a Masters’ Degree in Engineering is a plus;
• Professional Certification in CCNA, will be an added advantage;
• A minimum of seven(7) to Ten (10) years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry with a minimum of three (3) years managerial experience in network operations;
• Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M.
• Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 05 November 2018
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; simplicity, integrity, passion, Transparency. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.
While we appreciate all interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications.