Job Vacancy For Head Of Technology
We are a reputable financial institution with nationwide branch network looking to recruit committed and hardworking individuals for the following role:- Head Of Technology
Main Purpose of Role
To ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the Business objectives of the Bank.
• Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources
• Benchmark, analyse, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems
• Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
• Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
• Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals
• Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
• Work with stakeholder to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
• Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts
• Keep current with the latest technologies
• Approve and oversee project portfolio
• Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment
• Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of first degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• Master of Business Adminstration with technology is an advantage
• 10 years experience in information technology related area with 4 years in supervisory role.
• Knowledge of Flexcube UBS, will be an added advantage
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including UNIX operating system
• Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware,protocols and standards. Extensive application support experience with proven experience IT infrastructure planning and development
• In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
• Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices and procedures
• Strong understanding of project management priciples
• Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required
• Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
• Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Exceptional customer service orientation
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
How To Apply For The Job
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to make a difference please send your application with your curriculum vitae including the names of two referees to:-
Advert Number GC 211
c/o Graphic Communication Group Ltd
Closing Date: 06 December, 2013