Vibrant Village Foundation
Human Resources / Admin
WA & Fielmuo - Upper West Region
Job Vacancy For Human Resource and Administrative Assistant
1.1 About Vibrant Village Foundation
The Vibrant Village Foundation (VVF) is a private Foundation headquartered in Portland, Oregon State in the United States of America (U.S.A). Established in 2010, the Foundation provides direct assistance and grants to support Agriculture, Livelihoods, Health, Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in marginalized and deprived communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America. VVF has supported programs in over 22 countries since its inception.
In Ghana, the Foundation has contributed significantly towards poverty reduction in the Fielmuo community in the Upper West region of Ghana. Fielmuo is located in the Sissala West district and about 150km drive north of WA-the Upper West regional capital. VVF has facilitated the provision of safe drinking water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), education, health and vocational skills training to over 14,237 people in 18 communities in the Sissala West and Lambussie districts. We have been inspired by the impact of our interventions in the lives of vulnerable communities to scale up to other communities in the target districts through the implementation of an ‘Integrated Program for Economic and Social Transformation’ (IMPREST). The goal of the program is to contribute to poverty reduction, improved wellbeing and resilience of vulnerable populations through the implementation of multi-sectorial programs; Education and Child Protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and Livelihood, Food Security and Empowerment of Women.
If you are searching for a challenging but interesting job, then VVF Ghana is happy to offer you the opportunity should you meet the person specification spelled out in the job descriptions below:
2.1 Human Resource and Administrative Assistant
We are searching for an energetic and self-motivated professional to take up the role of Human Resource and Administrative Assistant. The post-holder shall support theCountry Program Director and the Finance and Administrative Officer to manage and supervise human resource, finance and administrative functions.The specific roles and responsibilities of the post-holder are below:
2.1.1 Human Resource Development: Assist the Country Program Director to effectively manage human and materials resources of VVF Ghana including but not limited to the following:
• Assist in the development of procedures and practices that contribute to improve HR Management.
• Plan and conduct sessions to educate staff on the HR policy to enhance compliance and application.
• Interpret HR policies, regulations, advice management and staff on their applications, taking into account their particular needs.
• Ensure that laid down processes are observed in the recruitment of staff and service providers
• Ensure that inductions are organized on time for new staff
• Coordinate staff capacity needs assessment and development plans
• Facilitate the participation of staff in training and capacity building programmes
• Coordinate the completion of mid-year and annual appraisal within agreed timelines
• Liaise with relevant service providers to train and build the capacity of staff
• Address complains and concerns of staff in consultation with the Country Program Director
• Ensure strict adherence of staff to the Employee handbook or manual and all other organizational policies
• Draft promotion and disciplinary letters in consultation with the Country Director
2.1.2Administrative and logistics functions:Assist the Finance and Administrative Officer in the performance of administrative and logistics functions including the following:
• Open and manage files and records of staff
• Ensure that office equipment and facilities are in good working condition
• Ensure staff comply with lay down policies and procedures
• Enforce compliance of security and safety measures
• Organize logistics, materials and accommodation for staff, partners and stakeholders
• Serve as first point of contact for visitors
• Conduct regular/monthly analysis and utilization of fuel and supplies
• Ensure that logbook/log sheet are properly kept by staff
2.1.3 Finance functions: Assist the Finance and Administrative Officer in the performance of his/her functions including but not limited to the following:
• Facilitate payment of service providers and participants during workshops, trainings and events
• Scan receipts of financial transactions
• Facilitate the payment of utility bills and service providers
• Train staff on VVF financial management guidelines and procedures
• Enforce financial management policies and guidelines
• Assume the role of the Finance and Administrative Officer in his/her absence
• Any other duty as may be assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
3.1 Profile and experience of the post-holder
• Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or Sociology
• At least 3 years’ experience working in similar position with a non-profit organizations or the public sector
• Good human and interpersonal relationships
• Ability to work in multi-ethnic and culturally diverse stakeholders
• Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
• Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
• Strong commitment to improving the well-being of staff and vulnerable communities
• Ability to use computer applications including word, excel and power point
• Ability to write and communicate fluently in English Language is required
Location: WA (60% of staff time) and Fielmuo (40% staff time) - Upper West Region
How to Apply For the Job
Please submit CV and cover letter including salary expectations to the recruiting team at:
Closing Date: 27 October 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and interviews will be organized as we receive applications.
Note: Vibrant Village Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to the value of advancing equity and seek to build an organization that reflects the diversity of our global community. We strongly encourage applications from people from underrepresented groups especially women and people living with disabilities.