Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Associate, the ICT Support Assistant provides ICT and administrative support services to the ICT unit, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Support Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach. Duties and Responsibilities 1. Supports implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
• Support to the use of Atlas (UNDP’s implementation of ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
• Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Provision of inputs to preparation of results-oriented workplans. 2. Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
• Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
• Assistance in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades
• Assistance in upgrading patch and anti-virus programs on a timely basis.
• Monitoring of file server traffic, usage and performance on a frequent and regular basis.
• Support to users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention. 3. Supports networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Assistance in trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems.
• Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
• Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Assistance to organization of off-site storage of backups. 4. Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware.
• Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials.
• Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit.
• Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
• Extraction of data from various sources.
• Research and retrieval of l data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required.
• Provision of ICT support to key events. 5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Participation and assistance in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues.
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice. Qualification Required & Experience Education:
• Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
• University Degree in Computer Science would be desirable, but it is not a requirement. Experience:
• 5 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
• With a degree holder, 2 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications. Language Requirements:
• Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
11 September, 2018