COTVET was set up by an Act of Parliament to formulate national policies on skills development across pre-tertiary and tertiary education, in both the formal and non formal sectors of the economy. COTVET is also to co-ordinate, harmonize and supervise the activities of private and public providers of technical and vocational education and training (TVET), including apprenticeship Job Purpose
To assist in implementing policies aimed at advancement of TVET in the informal sector to improve the skills of the workforce and provide technical support to improve organisation and operation of the informal apprenticeship system. Responsibilities
• Assist in the implementation of quality assurance policies and strategies for the Informal Sector.
• Assist in developing operational mechanisms for establishing transferability between the formal and the informal TVET systems.
• Provide technical support for the organisation and operation of the informal apprenticeship system.
• Assist in developing occupational standards and modules for use by the master craftsmen.
• Assist in conducting workshops for the master craftsmen on competency based training delivery methods.
• Mobilise the various artisans in the various industry sectors of the informal sector to form trade associations.
• Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of first degree in Education or relevant field from an accredited tertiary institution. A Master’s Degree will be an advantage.
• A minimum of three years relevant work experience in implementing informal sector training and administration of trade tests and formal apprenticeships programmes. Competencies:
• Demonstrate technical expertise
• Innovation and Initiative
• Assertive and decisive
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit their application letters including their contact details, CV names and addresses of three references, copies of their certificates and statement of a maximum of 1,000 words on the vision for COTVET to the address below: The Executive Director Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET) P. O, BOX M651, Ministries Post Office, Accra
Or deliver directly to: COTVET Office, Education Complex, Trinity Theological Seminary Road, East Legon, Accra
Or send by email: [email protected] Closing Date:
29 November, 2013