SOS CHILDREN'S VILLAGES GHANA
is part of a global humanitarian and child welfare organisation that provides a stable family environment for children in need and without parental care or at risk of losing parental care with four villages currently in operation in Tema, Asiakwa, Asokore Mampong & Tamale. We also provide social services for families at risk through our family Strengthening Programme (FSP)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:- Institutional Partnership Development Advisor (Grant Advisor) Job Summary
• The successful applicant will report to the National Director and will work with him and the Programme Team to mobilise institutional funding for SOS CV Ghana.
• He/She develops and implements institutional partnership strategies and is a key contributor to the growth of the funding portfolio as well as day to day donor relationship management with bilateral donors, international organisations, governmental institutions, embassies and any other concerned national or international organisation.
• The ideal applicant should have the desire for Fundraising, Donor Liaison and Contract Management Strategy, Capacity Building, Partnership Development and Networking Qualification Required & Experience The ideal candidate must:
• Hold a minimum qualification of first degree preferably in development/social sciences (Sociology, Development studies, Economics or related field) with 5-8 years relevant work experience.
• A Master's degree will be an added advantage
• Have a thorough understanding fo programme design and development especially in the sectors of Education, Health, Livelihoods or child Protection
• Have the ability to coordinate and write programme proposals and be the link between programme, finance and submit this to potential institutional donors
• Be able to develop and maintain good relationships with donors by ensuring regular communication, knowledge exchange and effective reporting
• Demonstrate evidence of medium/large proposals they have developed and won(0.5 - 2m USD)
• Be able to coordinate with the programme team to conduct assessments and feasibility studies that inform programme design. Conduct background research relevant for designing projects
• Have the following competencies, leadership, and innovation, team playing, flexible, self-drive and have the ability to work very fast and under strict deadlines
• Be highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of internet for research
• Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills with the ability to represent SOS in donor forums, develop partnerships with other NGOs Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their applications and curriculum vitae with photocopies of certificates addressed to:- The HR/Admin Manager P.O.Box AN 16657, Accra-North
or email to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
04 December, 2015