Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us. Job Summary
The position is responsible for overseeing testing procedures, writing reports and making sure that the instruments developed comply with quality standards and safety regulations. The person is also responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control CGML Process Plant engineering systems, machinery and processes. Duties
• Designing and developing new control systems and maintaining and modifying existing systems
• Managing project within cost and time constrained environments; troubleshooting and problem-solving
• Understanding and ensuring compliance with the health and safety regulations and quality standards of the mine.
• Providing advice and consultancy support in purchasing equipment
• Accepting responsibility and a level of accountability commensurate with the seniority of the position.
• Actively participating in CGML Continuous Improvement Program
• Testing, evaluating, modifying and calibrating instruments
• Performing testing, maintaining and modifying existing Process Plant Control Systems.
• Analysing data and present findings in written reports
• Working collaboratively with OEM design engineers, CGML operations and maintenance team, purchasers and other internal staff and external consultants
• Calibrating readings on instruments according to standards and adjusts phasing and aligns stages to ensure accuracy of recording and indicating function
• Programming automation and control systems involving PLCs
• Maintaining an official log of all PLC bypassing and forces installed
• Ensuring bypasses and forces are regularly reviewed and repaired / removed.
• Designing control panel and field termination of panels to house PLC and field device wiring termination and device powering.
• Selecting and installing instrument field devices including I/O skills.
• Validating of process sensors to ensure suitability-to-task
• Bench calibration and verification of sensors and actuators
• Building components of the solutions, including wiring and environment controls and ensuring safe electro-mechanical operations.
• Performing other duties as assigned. Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree in electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering, computing or applied physics
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an electrical/ instrumentation field engineer
• Preferably an applicant who has 3-5 years’ experience in mining maintenance field
• Have a proven track record in programming and the ability to develop and implement
• standard engineering practices, as well as proof of or ability to provide detailed documentation upon project completion.
• Has the skills of quality job execution, and able to plan jobs in coordination with colleagues and other departments.
• Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent critical thinking skills and a high level of numeracy
• Good communication and interpersonal skills Well-developed oral English, written communications and report writing skills.
• Strong team working skills, with an ability to motivate others and to lead or manage teams and projects
• Flexibility and an ability to compromise and willingness to accept responsibility and make decisions
• Must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, Modicun, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Automation Direct, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat, Toshiba, etc.
• MSHA training
• Current driving license Location:
Chirano, Western Region How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should please apply to: [email protected]
Or The Human Resource Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Please indicate the position in the subject area when applying online. Closing Date:
15 June, 2014