Centre for Scientific Research Into Plant Medicine
Accounting / Auditing
Job Vacancy For Internal Auditor At Centre for Scientific Research Into Plant Medicine (Mampong-Akuapem)
The Centre for Scientific Research into Plant Medicine, Mampong-Akuapem is an agency under the Ministry of Health with a mandate to undertake research and development in plant medicine.
Head of the Internal Audit department. Shall undertake Internal Auditing duties, including the following:
• Develop risk-based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities
• Conduct internal audits to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the established internal controls and procedures
• Identify key areas of risk within the organisation and propose appropriate controls to mitigate the risks
• Review the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial information and other disclosures provided to management
• Prepare audit reports in line with the approved audit plan
• Conducting specificinvestigations into alleged cases of financial impropriety and any other matter on the initiative of the unit or as may be referred to the unit.
• Planning and overseeing the performance ofinternal audit reviews and prepare audit reports for the attention of the Directorate and the board
• Designing and implementing an effective internal audit system for all financial and non-financial transaction of the Organisation.
SALARY AND CONDITION OF SERVICE
Salary and Conditions of Service shall be subject to the Single Spine Salary Structure and Conditions of Service of Senior Officers of the Centre.
Qualification Required & Experience
• ACCA, ICAG etc plus Master’s Degree in Auditing, Accounting or Business Administration with at least five (5) years post qualification experience
• Demonstrated knowledge in auditing in a Public Organisation
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, creative and problem solving skills with an eye for details
• Familiar with the Financial Laws and other relevant laws, rules and regulations governing public sector operations
• Demonstrated track record in providing overall supervision to an audit team in planning and execution of audit assignments/initiatives
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite and computerised auditing
How To Apply For The Job
All applications containing detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of Birth Certificates/Academic certificates, should be submitted to the address below:
The Executive Director
P. O. Box 73
Closing Date: 14 November, 2013
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted