A reputable financial institution is seeking to recruit qualified, result-driven and self-motivated individuals to fill the following roles: Legal Manager
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Undertake Legal research and analysis; prepare legal opinions, reports and correspondence.
• Provide Legal advice on Labour related issues including labour contract negotiations.
• Developing corporate legal strategies to promote and protect the Company’s interest.
• Advising Management on a variety of legal issues.
• Participating in the formulation of general management policies
• Review and draft agreements and monitor the drafting and review of same.
• Keep abreast with relevant developments in relation to laws on Companies and the Industry.
• Liaise with external solicitors on cases referred where applicable.
• Represent Legal Director in management meetings, disciplinary hearings and all relevant gatherings that require legal representation.
• Maintaining proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state and governmental bodies, legislature and the community at large.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director or the Legal Director.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Barrister at Law with at least 6+ years’ experience post qualification.
• Good knowledge in court rules and procedures
• Good knowledge and understanding of banking operations and practice.
• Current with case law with particular reference to banking and labour laws/practices.
• Knowledge of SEC rules and Company Law, Corporate governance practices
SKILL SET REQUIRED
• Good communication (verbal/written) skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Problem Solving Skills
• Strong leadership, motivation and managerial skills
• High sense of integrity
How to Apply For the Job
Send your résumé, indicating the job title as the subject to:
14 October, 2018