A reputable organisation invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons to fill the following vacancy: Legal Officer JOB PURPOSE
• To provide operational support for the effective management of all legal matters of the Authority. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
• The Legal Officer will report to the Director, Legal DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides legal support as directed.
• Collects and collates data for the preparation and review of legal documents.
• Represents the Authority in Court
• Collects data for the periodic and annual reports of the Directorate.
Provides ADR Services
• Conducts research into cases as directed.
• Provides inputs for the formulation and drafting of public procurement legislation and amendments.
• Provide inputs for the vetting of standard form documentation for legal compliance as directed.
• Collates information on litigation, prosecution and investigations carried out by the Authority into breaches of the Public Procurement Act.
• Provides inputs for the effective and efficient management of the administrative review process as directed.
• Collects and collates information for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Directorate. Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Master’s Degree in Law, preferably Procurement Law, Administrative Law, Public Law from an accredited tertiary institution
• Must have been called to the Ghana Bar (Barrister-at-Law).
• A minimum of three (3) years post-call relevant work experience in a reputable organization.
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by the Public Procurement Authority in collaboration with Public Services Commission COMPETENCIES
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Leadership networking and management skills.
• Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Good research skills.
• Capacity to inspire and motivate.
• Team player.
• Knowledge and experience in public procurement processes, practices and regulations.
• Proficiency in relevant computer applications Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Applications, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates and the names and addresses of two referees should reach the following address by Friday, 26th May, 2017 The Chief Executive P. M. B. 30 Ministries – Accra
Or [email protected] Closing Date:
26 May, 2017
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.