Education / Training
Job Vacancy For Librarian At Kumasi Polytechnic
The Librarian will be responsible for the leadership and general administration of the Polytechnic's Library with respect to human, financial and material resources within the framework of the Polytechnic statutes and policies.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least Master of Philosophy in Library/Information, Science/Information Management or related field with a reasonable number of peer-reviewed journal articles.
• Relevant professional qualification.
• Must have been on the grade of Deputy Librarian for a minimum of four (4) years in a tertiary institution.
• Ten to fifteen (10-15) years in academic library management or, Five-Seven (5-7) years in a relevant senior management/supervising capacity.
• Strong knowledge of cataloguing and classification of library/ information materials.
• Strong knowledge of library management and evidence of ability to create and lead an academic library.
• Understand critically the full process of modem library management and to cope with complex and varied responsibilities.
• Strong knowledge of library practices from traditional management systems to modern portal technology.
• Strong knowledge of computers and I.C.T. and their applications in libraries.
• Proven record of scholarly work (authorship of books, journal articles, professional practice manuals, etc).
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants for this position should address their applications to the following address:
THE SEARCH COMMITTEE
C/O THE REGISTRAR
P. O. BOX 854
• Applicants should include their CVs, photocopies of their certificates, names and address of three (3) referees and attach all relevant documents.
• At least one of the referees should come from a former workplace.
Closing Date: 11 February, 2015