PURPOSE AND CONTEXT OF THE ROLE:
• The purpose of this role is to provide direct output support to the Project Service Manager and is responsible for providing contracts and procurement support for the Obuasi Redevelopment Project. This includes procuring of goods, materials and services for the Project meeting high quality, cost effective, and timely delivery, to support budget, schedule and quality requirements, whilst considering local content obligations with knowledge transfer to support localisation and future operations
• Support the Obuasi Project Management team in all commercial and contractual matters.
• Oversee the Engineering Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) services contractor, specifically procurement and subcontractor management processes.
• Review and identify the commodities and services which can be sourced and procured from Local Suppliers to support localisation.
• Ensure purchases are made at the most favourable prices consistent with desired quality, quantity, delivery time and other factors such as local content obligations.
Plans, Procedures and Standard Documentation:
• Ensure effective management of key responsibilities, but not limited to the following;
• Local Content plan
• Preferred bidders list
• Contracts and Procurement Management Plan
• Contracts Plan (matrix - planned/forecast and actual dates, contract type, value)
• Procurement plan (Matrix - planned/forecast and actual dates, type, value)
• Request for Tender (RFT)/Request for Proposal (RFP)
• Tender analysis documentation
• Recommendation for Award (RFA).
• Correspondence Register
• Variations Register
• Warranties Register
• Retentions Register
• Ensure effective management of tendering process for site works and services;
• Oversee the tender proposal process, package preparation, issuing tender packages to market, reviewing and analysing responses. Prepare commercial analysis and Recommendation for Award for Management to support the decision making and award process.
• Review all clarifications and qualifications to tender terms and conditions and develop strategies to optimise outcomes.
• Oversee inspections of vendor facilities and assessing suitability of vendors.
• Review costs and consider corrective actions if deviations from budget arise or are forecast to occur. Report regularly to Management on all procurement matters.
• Coordinate the technical and commercial alignment process, liaise with legal to ensure the AGAG position is protected with regards to risk, and documents are executed in a timely manner and in line with budget, schedule and quality expectations.
• Liaise with legal to ensure preparation of contract and supply agreements support project needs and outcomes.
• Adhere to the Delegation of Authority.
• Manage all changes, variations, claims, payments, correspondence, warranties, retentions and close out
• Proactive analysis and support in regards to supplier cost and schedule initiatives to optimise project performance.
• Assist in negotiations for approval of variations, claims.
• Manage and maintain detailed procurement registers and records.
• Overseen the EPCM to ensure goods are delivered to site by arranging expediting, following up to confirm site receipt.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics or equivalent
Minimum of fifteen (15) years experiences of which five (5+) years should be at management level with substantial knowledge and experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Inventory, Warehouse management, Materials Engineering, Logistics within the West African mining and Projects environment.
• Procurement and Supply Chain functional knowledge and best practices
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Broad business exposure
• Team & EPCM Procurement management,
• Resource utilization
• Project management
• Cost management
• Strategic exposure to business
• Change management
• Business negotiation skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should forward their applications, with detailed CV by email to the Human Resources Manager:
06 April, 2018