COTVET was set up by an Act of Parliament to formulate national policies on skills development across pre-tertiary and tertiary education, in both the formal and non formal sectors of the economy. COTVET is also to co-ordinate, harmonize and supervise the activities of private and public providers of technical and vocational education and training (TVET), including apprenticeship Job Purpose
To plan, organize and coordinate the provision of information technology services and equipment to enhance COTVET’s communications, information storage, handling and retrieval requirements, data processing and the development of information data bases and other IT requirements in the most cost effective manner optimising the utilisation of information technology and maximising availability of networked IT facilities; to establish, develop and manage COTVET’s Web Site to promote interest in COTVET’s activities and objectives. Responsibilities
• Consult with respective departments and recommend strategies and priorities to enhance COTVET’s communications and information management capabilities.
• Develop appropriate network and data base systems’ requirements and design to meet organisation’s communications and data base development needs and design, install and maintain systems and programmes.
• Evaluate and recommend the adoption of IT platforms and software to meet COTVET’s IT and data processing needs.
• Develop and ensure the implementation of processes and procedures to manage data base and communication systems.
• Monitor systems utilisation and recommend the expansion and up-dating of installations and software.
• Develop and ensure operations of adequate data recovery systems and procedures.
• Manage the preparation of standard reports and queries to meet user requirements
• Establish provisions for training and support to all users on software applications and use of the network.
• Liaise with COTVET web designers and relevant departments to ensure periodic update of COTVET web-site.
• Performs any other duties assigned by supervisor Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters' Degree in IT or equivalent
• Six years post qualification experience in the management of a networked database with hardware and software capabilities; knowledge of Oracle, Windows NT and similar high level platforms, and experience in website development and design is essential Competencies:
• Demonstrate analytical thinking and diagnostic skills
• Innovation and Initiative
• Assertive and decisive
• Good communication, and customer service skills
• Ability to work without close supervision Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit their application letters including their contact details, CV names and addresses of three references, copies of their certificates and statement of a maximum of 1,000 words on the vision for COTVET to the address below: The Executive Director Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET) P. O, BOX M651, Ministries Post Office, Accra
Or deliver directly to: COTVET Office, Education Complex, Trinity Theological Seminary Road, East Legon, Accra
Or send by email: [email protected] Closing Date:
29 November, 2013