Network Group Department:
Network Planning Location:
Manager, RAN Optimisation Level:
MTN Level 3 Reports to:
Head, Network Planning Job Summary:
Govern the managed services vendor to enhance the network quality across all technologies. It includes network performance monitoring, statistical reporting, data collection for network improvement, creation and customization of optimisation report, participate in network performance improvement projects, benchmark report analysis as well as provide inputs into RAN planning activities. Job Role
• Provide leadership and guidance for the RAN Optimization team.
• Govern the managed services vendor in their optimization activities to ensure strict adherence to network performance and customer experience objectives.
• Provide guidance and vetting of all optimization parameter changes before execution by the managed services vendor.
• Supervise scheduled network frequency planning and execution for improved network performance.
• Ensuring that MTN meets all the SLA’s and performance objectives of the regulator and all other stakeholders across all regional and national performance objectives.
• Analyse urgent needs for temporary network experience improvement while awaiting the permanent fixes.
• Responsible for managing team culture, total growth and career development of the team members.
• Spot, develop & manage talent within team.
• Manage the performance of direct reports and section.
• Lead in identifying 2/3/4G corporate network improvement needs for data & voice network optimization.
• Participate in all RPO projects and handling all optimization related activities.
• Manage functional projects, ensuring they are delivered in time, in budget and to required quality standard.
• Revise or develop procedures and policy for approval.
• Supervise the work of the managed services vendor, Coordinate with other departments for network and customer experience improvement.
• Provide inputs to RAN planning for improved network experience, coverage and capacity planning
vAnalysing benchmark report and providing feedback for reporting to the stakeholders, as well as identification of opportunities for network improvement. Qualification Required & Experience Education
• BSc. Electronic Engineering
• Postgraduate qualification is an added advantage
• Professional certification is a plus. Experience
• 5 years working experience in a telecoms environment with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
• Experience in Radio Network Optimization Competencies Professional/Technical competencies
• Working knowledge of Radio planning and Optimisation and engineering economics.
• Skill in records/documentation keeping.
• Ability to perform engineering studies in the areas of RAN Optimisation.
• Skills in presentation and technical reporting.
• Impeccable communication skills (verbal, written and visual) across all levels.
• Good knowledge of radio network Optimization on LTE, UMTS and GSM Accessibility KPIs
• Good knowledge of radio network Optimization on LTE, UMTS and GSM Retainability KPIs
• Good knowledge of radio network Optimization on LTE, UMTS and GSM Integrity KPIs
• Good knowledge of radio network Optimization on LTE, UMTS and GSM Mobility KPIs.
• Excellent knowledge of Radio Propagation Principles
• Good interference analysis/calculations and elimination skills.
• Frequency planning and bandwidth/spectrum management skills Behavioural qualities:
• Ability to manage self and team performance and workload and juggle conflicting priorities
• Demonstrate evidence of influencing and coaching skills
• Ability to accept responsibility
• Professional approach with a can do attitude
• Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative, ability to coach & develop direct reports
• Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Good written and verbal communication
• Assertive, Self-starter, Proactive, Innovative, Attention to detail Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by July 4, 2018 to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Closing Date:
04 July, 2018