Purpose of Job:
Gold Fields Ghana Limited is seeking to employ an experienced and self-motivated individual who will apply acquired knowledge and experience to manage the corporate and stakeholder relations at the Corporate Office in Accra in order for the company to remain competitive in the industry. The Manager – Stakeholder Relations, in the delivery of his/her responsibilities will take full cognisance of applicable legislation and best practices so as to ensure that the company maintains its competitive edge in achieving its strategic objectives. The incumbent will ensure constant awareness of emerging social and governmental policies in the mining industry so as to timeously advise and redirect the business to maximise profitability and growth. Key responsibilities:
• To develop a stakeholder management strategy and supporting processes and structures for the Company.
• Networking and maintaining relations with government, policy makers, stakeholders and key decision makers (Exco & board members).
• To develop company programmes to position the Company strategically with key stakeholders.
• Conduct research on the key external stakeholders to understand their unique needs and challenges in order to develop a relevant stakeholder engagement strategy.
• To advise the Company on government initiatives directly or indirectly related.
• To monitor and alert management of threats and opportunities from national and international trends in the legislative, political, social, environmental, industrial that impact on the Company’s strategy.
• To attend relevant public.meetings on behalf of the company to enhance the Company’s image.
• To iink the operations to relevant stakeholders to strengthen the network.
• To integrate and aiign internal and external stakeholder programmes and coordinate the implementation of relevant plans to meet government and business expectation.
• To establish and coordinate resources and programmes to execute the stakeholder relations strategy.
• Update the policies and procedures in relation to any developments in the area of stakeholder interactions and ensure interdependent alignment of stakeholder management policies and procedures with other company policies.
• Review and monitor key stakeholder activities, processes and any external factors to keep up to date with any developments impacting on stakeholder management.
• Ensure uniformity and synergies in the application of corporate and social affairs issues among all the operations.
• Scan the operating environment on a continuous basis to identify strategic stakeholder risks and opportunities in advance and advise management accordingly.
• Directs and aligns all corporate and stakeholder strategies in a manner to secure the future and deepen the footprints of Gold Fields Ghana.
• Serves as liaison between the company and all relevant governmental agencies and institutions in the delivery of company business.
• Advise senior management on emerging stakeholder issues and propose strategies to remain competitive and compliant with ali governmental policies and legislations.
• Serves as liaison and spokesperson with the media and other NGOs and strive to ensure that the company gets positive media reportage.
• Ensures that the company’s corporate social responsibility is maintained and delivered appropriately.
• Perform any other activities necessary for the effective stakeholder relations responsibilities. Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Social Sciences / HR, BA Communication advantageous.
• 8 years experience as specialist in Internationa] Stakeholder Relations or related field of which 5 years at senior management level.
• Experience in customer relationship management, sustainability and community development.
• A recognized tertiary qualification in Social Sciences, obtained from a recognized institution.
• Excellent communications skills and ability to effectively interact with people of diverse cultures and levels.
• Thorough knowledge of governmental policies/legislations, Ghanaian social issues & traditional institutions and its impact on the business.
• Emotionally matured with strong organizational, facilitation and analytical skills.
• Literacy in Microsoft Office products such as MS Word, Excel and Power point.
• Influenceand Inspirational.
• A valid and current light duty vehicle license and proficiency in driving a light vehicle.
• A results-oriented attitude.
• Medically fit for the job and environment.
• Good Management and people skills and ability to lead and motivate people to achieve results.
• Minimum of 5 years appropriate Managerial experience in Mining. It would be advantageous if applicants have:
• Ghanaian, African or international work experience obtained outside their home country.
• Have worked in West Africa, and have a proven track record in Country legislations and emerging markets.
A related post-graduate qualification and / or relevant business qualification Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested parties should submit detailed curriculum vitae to:
Email: [email protected] Closing Date:
29 November, 2013
• Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
• NOTE: Your manager should be aware of and support your application. Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a pane! interview.
• Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.