NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
We are local Non-governmental organization delivering development interventions in a number of areas in Northern Ghana. We are seeking self-motivated individuals who are committed to the development of deprived Adolescent girls to join our team for the positions below in a project aimed to improve the literacy and numeracy skills of highly marginalized out-of-school girls and transition them into formal school or employment in two districts of Northern Region.
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Employment Status: Full Time Position
Summary of Position:
The MEL Officer will lead in all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency of the project. S/he will provide technical support and work closely with the project team to facilitate the collection of quality data.
• Support the creation of a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
• Support in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the project.
• Assist in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Program staff.
• Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (eg, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart etc)
• Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Field team and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
• Support and participate in program and project evaluations
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Information Management or any other relevant academic background
• At least 2 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience
• Capacity to produce high-quality reports
Abilities and Interpersonal Skills:
• Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
• Ability to design M&E tools
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
• Work experience in an non-governmental organization
How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should present their curriculum vitae (three pages) and a cover letter. The application should include two referees.Applications with the Position applied for reference in the subject addressed to the Administrative Officer must be submitted to:
Closing Date: 30 November, 2018
Applicants should note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted. Females are encouraged to apply.