Ghana Health Service
Job Vacancy For Monitoring and Evaluation Officer At Ghana Health Service
The National AIDS/STI Control programme of the Ghana Health Service invites applications from suitably qualified candidates, as per the detailed person specification indicated below for appointment.
• Leads in the Collation, validation, analysis and reporting of NACP Data for necessary action.
• Monitor and Evaluate NACP activities at all levels (National, District and Sub- Districts) and submit relevant report to the authorities.
• Coordinate the publication of documents relating to the NACP activities (annual reports and other periodic reports) and ensure that the activities are
• property documented and relevant information is disseminated.
• Collaborate with all other Units and divisions within the GHS to set up a health and management information system for planning, monitoring and evaluation.
• Coordinate and manage logistics issues (transport, commodities etc.) to facilitate smooth implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV services.
• Liaises with partners and other divisions of the GHS to generate and disseminate strategic information for monitoring trends in HIV epidemic.
The compensation package is very competitive.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Possess a good Master's Degree in Development Studies/ Planning and any related social sciences discipline
• Additional Qualification in statistics and Medical Epidemiology
• Experience in Health Research and Programme Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Should have a good analytical mind and be able to advice Management to make informed decisions that affect programme policy
• Should be able to coordinate all Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the smooth and efficient running of the HIV programme of the Ghana Health Service
• Must be willing to work under intense pressure and generate reports in good time
• Must be conversant with important analytical IT softwares and programmes
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who meet the above requirement should submit two sets of application with the under-listed documents in A4 size envelope with the position being applied for written at the top left hand corner of the envelope:
• Application letter
• Detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone numbers of at least two (2) referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications should be delivered by hand or express mail to:
The Director (HRD)
Ghana Health Service
Private Mail Bag
Closing Date: 06 January, 2016