Within the context of developing the national policy and strategy to reinforce the water and sanitation (WASH) sector, the Government of Ghana is addressing the urgent and complementary need in supporting disaster prone communities. To that effect. UN-Habitat. UNICEF UNDP and WHO have developed a Joint Water, Sanitation and Hygienic Disaster Prone Communities Programme (WASH in DPC) for Upper West and Northern regions with the objective of improving health and livelihoods in selected disaster prone communities and schools by increasing access to good drinking water and proper sanitation facilities on a substantial basis.
For this WASH in DPC programme, an M&E officer is being sought to be responsible for the continuous monitoring and evaluation of the programme component activilies.II. Programme Title:
Joint UN Programme on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Salary Grade:
SB4 Duty Station:
Accra - Ghana with frequent travel to the field Duration:
(1 year with possibility of extension) Start Date:
1st January. 2015 Responsibilities:
• The Monitoring and Evaluation officer will work closely with the Programme Manager and the Programme team and perform the following tasks;
• Review survey methods for baseline and monitoring assessment, of WASH infrastructure and practice at the community level
• Identify the capacity gaps in the field of M&E of implementing partners and recommend remedial actions
• Support the implementing agencies in establishing a M&E plans for the WASH in DPCs programme that will ensure a successful follow-up of the planned strategies
• Oversee the design and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation framework for the programme in collaboration with the national implementing partners
• Develop a field -monitoring tools (including both quantitative and qualitative methods) and protocols for collecting, cleaning and storing M&E indicator data of the interventions Qualification Required & Experience
• Post graduate Degree in social science, environmental health, water and sanitation, or a related field.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in the development and implementation of Impact Assessment and M&E frame works and tools (including household level survey).
• Good understanding of Impact, Monitoring and Evaluation theory and applications
• Good analytical skills and extensive experience of using statistical packages for data analysis (SPSS. STATA, Nvivo)
• Experience in producing project reports, training manuals and peer-reviewed publications
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to build trust and develop and maintain effective work relationships Language Requirements:
English & Any of the local Northern region languages Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please upload your CV online by clicking the link below. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
23 December, 2014
Please note that manual applications will not be accepted and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply