Ministry of Gender Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP)
NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist At Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP)
In the discharge of his/her duties, the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will perform the following duties:
• Lead the development of a comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and System for the NTU. • Lead, oversee, and contribute to details of M&E activities scheduled during
• the first year of implementation such as Targeting Process Evaluations and Spot checks
• Lead and/or contribute to M&E capacity building and training activities.
• Ensure the development and adherence to a data security system that is in compliance with national and international research ethics standards.
• Advise and support the NTU Coordinator and entire NTU team on performance and Impact Evaluation strategies and other evaluations/studies.
• Perform major data analvsls on targeting performance: both Intermediate outcomes, and long term impacts of the NTS, together with the Data Analysis Officer.
• Lead the preparation of Terms of Reference for surveys, studies and for periodic engagements of consultants/ firms, as needed.
• Prepare relevant technical briefing papers, and status updates concerning M&E strategies and activities for NTS shareholders.
• Prepare Quarterly and Annual M&E reports for submission to the High Level National Steering Committee on Social Protection, as requested.
• Contribute to the management of the Unit through timely processing and dissemination of M&E findings and best practices to faCilitate evidence-based planning, learning and unit decision-making.
• Undertake periodic review of the implementation and operation of the monitoring and reporting mechanism; including the preparation of best practices and lessons learned.
• Facilitate working relationships with other Ministries, Departments and Agencies implementing Social Protection interventions.
• Undertake any other related assignment from the Coordinator of the Unit and/or the Minister of Gender, Children and Social Protection.
• In the discharge of his/her duties, the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will report to the Coordinator of the National Targeting Unit. He/She shall prepare and present quarterly performance to the High level Steering Committee on Social Protection.
Duration of Assignment
• The Contract will last for one (1) year initially, but renewable for a second year subject to satisfactory performance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Masters Degree in publiC policy, social policy, economics or other related fields is required.
• A professional certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
• At least five (5) years professional experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in an International, NGO, Public or For-Profit organization.
• At least five (5) years of proven managerial and implementation experience in a large Sodal Protection programme. Intemational experience in Social
• Protection and targeting is an advantage.
• Excellent writing and communication skills are essential.
• A strong background in statistical analysis and use of statistical software is a major advantage
• Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet management (Microsoft office suite) is necessary.
• Excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability-to build, manage and work in a team.
• Be willing to travel to the field for long periods of time particularly in preparation for and during data collection activities
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send CVs to:-
National Coordinator, National Targeting Unit
Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection
P. O. Box MBO 186
Closing Date: 07 January, 2016
• PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE ENVELOPE.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.