In the discharge of his/her duties, the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will perform the following duties:
• Lead the development of a comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and System for the NTU. • Lead, oversee, and contribute to details of M&E activities scheduled during
• the first year of implementation such as Targeting Process Evaluations and Spot checks
• Lead and/or contribute to M&E capacity building and training activities.
• Ensure the development and adherence to a data security system that is in compliance with national and international research ethics standards.
• Advise and support the NTU Coordinator and entire NTU team on performance and Impact Evaluation strategies and other evaluations/studies.
• Perform major data analvsls on targeting performance: both Intermediate outcomes, and long term impacts of the NTS, together with the Data Analysis Officer.
• Lead the preparation of Terms of Reference for surveys, studies and for periodic engagements of consultants/ firms, as needed.
• Prepare relevant technical briefing papers, and status updates concerning M&E strategies and activities for NTS shareholders.
• Prepare Quarterly and Annual M&E reports for submission to the High Level National Steering Committee on Social Protection, as requested.
• Contribute to the management of the Unit through timely processing and dissemination of M&E findings and best practices to faCilitate evidence-based planning, learning and unit decision-making.
• Undertake periodic review of the implementation and operation of the monitoring and reporting mechanism; including the preparation of best practices and lessons learned.
• Facilitate working relationships with other Ministries, Departments and Agencies implementing Social Protection interventions.
• Undertake any other related assignment from the Coordinator of the Unit and/or the Minister of Gender, Children and Social Protection. Reporting Responsibility
• In the discharge of his/her duties, the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will report to the Coordinator of the National Targeting Unit. He/She shall prepare and present quarterly performance to the High level Steering Committee on Social Protection. Duration of Assignment
• The Contract will last for one (1) year initially, but renewable for a second year subject to satisfactory performance. Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Masters Degree in publiC policy, social policy, economics or other related fields is required.
• A professional certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
• At least five (5) years professional experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in an International, NGO, Public or For-Profit organization.
• At least five (5) years of proven managerial and implementation experience in a large Sodal Protection programme. Intemational experience in Social
• Protection and targeting is an advantage.
• Excellent writing and communication skills are essential.
• A strong background in statistical analysis and use of statistical software is a major advantage
• Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet management (Microsoft office suite) is necessary.
• Excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability-to build, manage and work in a team.
• Be willing to travel to the field for long periods of time particularly in preparation for and during data collection activities Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send CVs to:- National Coordinator, National Targeting Unit Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection P. O. Box MBO 186 Ministries, Accra, Ghana [email protected] Closing Date:
07 January, 2016
• PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE ENVELOPE.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.