The United Nations Mission for Ebola Emergency Response (UNMEER) is seeking qualified candidates for local recruitment to provide support to operations in Ghana.
UNMEER invites interested and qualified candidates of Ghanaian nationality or with a valid Ghanaian work permit and who meet the requirements to submit their applications to UNMEER Office in Accra
For all position listed below, the minimum education requirement is a high school certificate. Additional post-high school training in the required field is desirable.
The position available is:
Movement Control Assistant
• Conducting loading and off-loading of passengers and cargo on UN contracted aircraft/vessels/barges/trucks efficiency, ensuring that cargo is properly packed, labelled and prepared for transportation, operating forklift/K-Loader and other heavy equipment when loading and off-loading of aircraft, compiling and updating daily statistics of flight/vessels arrival and departure, ensuring warehouse is maintained in an orderly fashion, etc.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in Transport, Supplies, Passenger and Cargo handling, Shipping or in related field
• Skill: Fluency in oral and written english. At least two years experience driving a vehicle with stick shift, ability to drive forklift and good computer skills. Knowledge of french will be an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications by email to:-
25 December, 2012
Applicants must clearly indicate in the subject of the email which position they are interested in and include:
• A short cover note
• A personal history form (P.11). Copies of the P.11 form may be downloaded at:- http://www.unlb.org/doc/p11.doc
• Copies of education and employment certificates
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.