The BBC is the leading international broadcaster in Africa reaching a weekly audience of more than 90 million on Radio, TV, Mobile and Social Media.
• This role will expect you to research, report, write, translate, edit or adapt stories or programme material, to find interesting contibutors and interviewees, as well as other sources of material and/or actulity.
• You will perform at the microphone with or without a script, conduct interviews, chair discussions and act as participant in other productions.
• You will be responsible for a moving story, amending and updating material as required, be able to freshen a story, be responsible for thinking through and around editoral problems and developing realistic alternative strategies and approaches.
• This position will need you to liaise closely with other team members and with contributors, reporters and stringers, along with collaborating constructively with colleagues in BBC Africa whether in london or abroad and to advise other parts of the BBC on target area affairs.
• You will also be responsible for studio production of live and pre-recorded programmes, respond to breaking stories whilst on air and to resolve technical difficulties, coupled with filing TV reports in Hausa and English
• You may be required to travel outside Nigeria on reporting trips and assignments.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Ideal Candidate
• This position will need you to have an excellent broadcasting voice and the ability to acquire an appropriate presentation style.
• You will have the ability to write, adapt and translate with accuracy, clarity and style appropriate to differing audiences and forms of media and be able to write for different media platforms in Hausa and English. Youâ??ll have good keyboard/computer skills and technically adept, along with practical experience and extensive knowledge of the internet and an understanding of the potential of digital and social media.
• This role will require you to have proven recent and relevant experience as a journalist, an outstanding command and up to date knowledge of Hausa language (first or equivalent) and an excellent knowledge of English including complete comprehension of written and spoken English and the ability to communicate and write effectively.
• This role will expect you to have a wide and up to date familiarity with the area/s to which the Hausa Service broadcasts and an in-depth understanding of the areas history, politics, social issues and culture, coupled with an extensive knowledge of the media situation in the target area and the way it is developing.
• You will have thorough knowledge and understanding of African news and current affairs and a good knowledge of and interest in international and British current affairs, particularly insofar as they affect the target area.
Abuja - Nigeria
How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicant should click on the link below:
Click Here To Apply Online
04 February, 2017