The Network Administrator maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring network performance. He/she is responsible for designing, organising, modifying, installing, and supporting NTU's computer systems. He/she designs and installs the LANs, WANs, network segments, databases and application software, and segments. He/she ensures the MIS infrastructure is available for use.
• Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
• Install and maintain network hardware and software.
• Analyse, isolate and resolve issues.
• Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to speclfic users.
• Evaluate and modify system's performance.
• Identify user needs.
• Determine network and system requirements.
• Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
• Ensure network connectivity throughout NTU's LAN/WAN infrastructure
• Design and deploy networks.
• Perform network address assignment .
• Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
• Assign configuration of authentication and authorisation of directory services.
• Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
• Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, etc ...
• Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalis, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
• Ensure the computer systems are protected by a constantly updated antivin
• Support users in their use of the system
• The Network Administrator will report to the MIS Specialist and prepare and submit quarterly reports accordingly.
Duration of Assignment
• The contract will last for one (1) year initially, but renewable for a second year subject to satisfactory performance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• B. Sc Computer Science or B. Sc Computer Engineering
• Minimum 4 years of working experience in an organization with 50 plus network points
• Cisco Certification
• Broad working knowledge of distributed system components including workstations, database servers, and applications servers.
• Strong understanding of network architecture.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send CVs to:-
National Coordinator, National Targeting Unit
Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection
P. O. Box MBO 186
07 January, 2016
• PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE ENVELOPE.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.