Keegan Resources (Ghana) Ltd. Is a fully-owned subsidiary of Asanko Gold Inc., a Canadian junior resources company in gold exploration with the aim of developing into the next major gold producer in Ghana and West Africa. The vision of Asanko is to become a mid – tier gold mining company that maximizes value for all stakeholders.
This vision will be achieved over the next 3 -5 years by building a high performance organization with the development and commissioning of its flagship Esaase Gold Project. in Ghana, to a design production capacity of 200000 oz per annum by Q4 2015 and to grow the business to achieve a minimum production rate of 400000 oz per annum by Q1 2018. Job Summary
Keegan Resources (Ghana) Ltd wishes to recruit an experienced Nurse at its flagship Esaase Gold Project (EGP), which is transitioning through development to steady-state operation. Reporting to the EGP Medical Practitioner, the Nurse will be responsible for nursing functions of the EGP health service.
This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to really make a mark. Success in this role will be measured by the effectiveness of nursing service delivery at the EGP.
This is a permanent position with a competitive work roster resident in a single status camp environment. The Esaase Camp facilities include fully serviced air-conditioned rooms, laundry service, wet mess, sporting facilities (gym. volleyball/basketball and pool tables) and Wi-Fi access.
The remuneration package includes an attractive salary and performance based incentive payments. Qualification Required & Experience
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Nurse to work in a mining environment. The following qualifications and experience will be required:
• Registration in Ghana as a Nurse;
• Post graduate qualification in primary health care;
• Minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience of which a minimum of three (3) years should have been in primary health care – an advantage would be if some of this experience was on a mine, oil/gas, or other industrial site;
• Experience in occupational health – an advantage would be if some of this experience was on a mine, oil/gas or other industrial site;
• Good computer skills and the ability to perform relevant nursing administrative and reporting functions;
• Fluency in English;
• Driving license. Location:
Esaase, Ashanti Region How To Apply For The Job SELECTION PROCESS
Eligible candidates selected after the interview process will be evaluated for suitability through profiling the behavioural characteristics to assess their organisational fit in terms of Asanko's values and culture. The company recommends processes such as Belbin's team role mapping to assess the individual's tendency to behave, contribute and interrelate with others in the workplace will be used to determine suitability. Other processes will be used to assess suitability in fitting in with the high performance organisational culture aspects such as:
• Productive work relations (an approach that expects leaders to establish and maintain productive work relations where people can contribute to their full potential).
• Positive and engaging culture (an approach to establish and maintain conditions to foster high engagement and commitment).
In addition to suitability, the capability of candidates will be assessed in terms of candidates' ability to handle the current level of work complexity and the greater complexity demanded of higher managerial positions in their future working career in the parent company. When candidates have the cognitive ability to handle complexity - now and in the future, all training and development efforts will be supportive of their career growth. Processes like the Career Growth Review (CGR) or Career Path Appreciation (CPA) results will be used in assessing the individual's ability to handle managerial complexity now and in future.
Suitably qualified persons with the requirements stated above and who are interested in the selection process outlined should submit applications together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications to: The Manager - Organisational Capability Keegan Resources (Ghana) Ltd., Esaase Gold Project, No.4, Sir Arku Korsah Road, Airport Residential Area, P. O. Box CT 6153, Accra-Ghana
Email: [email protected] Closing Date:
28 October, 2013