Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide. Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate. At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
• Investigate Occupational Health and hygiene concerns in diverse occupational environments.
• Assist in Developing, reviewing, updating, and implementing the Occupational Health and Hygiene program, including related policies and procedures.
• Provide technical support to incident and near miss reporting, investigations and follows-up on recommendations.
• Conduct or assist in conducting regular inspections and audits.
• Implement industrial hygiene programs.
• Calibrate, maintain and operate industrial hygiene equipment.
• Monitor or assist in monitoring the potential exposure to harmful substances in the workplace and interpreting and communicating these results to the relevant people.
• Assist in the implementation of feasible engineering and administrative controls as deemed necessary by monitoring results.
• Participate in risk assessments and developing management strategies for eliminating or controlling the hazards.
• Communicate or assist in communicating the legal requirements of occupational hygiene, to the workforce and management.
• Conduct or assist in conducting occupational health and hygiene programs to recognize, eliminate, and control occupational health hazards, environmental stressors in, or arising from, the work place that may result in injury, illness, impairment, or affect the well-being of workers on the mine-site and beyond.
• Assist in the administration of site industrial hygiene activities to include but not limited to monitoring area or personal exposures to dusts, noise, fumes mist etc.
• Collect samples of work materials to detect and evaluate employee exposure group and to toxic substances.
• Participate in follow-up investigations to ensure corrective measures are carried out where required.
• Prepare reports including observations, analysis of contaminants, ergonomics and recommendations for control and correction of hazards.
• Perform other duties as reasonably assigned by your supervisor or his appointee.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor's degree or recognized certificate in Industrial or Occupational Health & Hygiene or its related course.
• Minimum of 3-5 years exposure in Occupational Health and Hygiene issues in a Mining environment.
• Knowledge of occupational health standards, codes, and regulations.
• Knowledge of methods, procedures, and techniques used in collecting and testing samples such as dusts, mists, fumes, vapors, noise, non-ionizing radiation, heat stress and biological agents.
• Knowledge of toxicological effects of occupational hazards.
• Skill in analyzing and evaluating a wide variety of technical data, test results, reports, and plans.
• Skill in the operation and maintenance of a variety of monitoring and testing equipment.
• Possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good and defensive driving skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with the requisite skills & qualifications are to apply to the address below not later than 25th May, 2018:
The Human Resources Manager
Chirano Gold Mines Limited
P. O. Box 57
Please indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online.
25 May, 2018