The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit organisation working with diverse partners to develop agricultural solutions to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhance crop quality and productivity. and generate Wealth from agriculture in sub-Saharan Africa. IITA is headquartered in Nigeria. with offices located in other countries in sub-Saharan Africa, including Ghana.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Ghana invites applications for the position of Office Assistant in its Accra Office. Responsibilities: The successful candidate will carry out the following:
• Assist with day-to-day management ofthe office
• Assist with secretarial services - typing memos, etc.
• Assist with event planning and implementation.
• Ensure proper maintenance and servicing of office equipment.
• Monitor and maintain office supplies.
• Receive, sort and distribute incoming mails.
• Assist with transfers, withdrawals and pay-ins of funds.
• Assist with preparation of bank reconciliation statements.
• Answer phone calls and direct to the appropriate staff member.
• Take and distribute accurate messages.
• Maintain office filing and storage systems.
• Coordinate messenger and courier services
• Perform any other official duties assigned by supervisor. Qualification Required & Experience
• Diploma in Business Studies in Secretaryship and Management, Accounting or related discipline.
• Minimum of 2 years a working experience in a similar or related position
• Good office and human relations skills
• Good computer skills - spreadsheets, Word processing, and other MS Office applications
• Good written and spoken English
• Must be a team player
• Must not be older than 30 years by next birthday Location:
Accra How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants are requested to submit a letter of application and a CV with addresses of 3 referees and addressed to
The Country Representative, IITA Ghana via email to: [email protected] Closing Date:
15 September, 2017
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.