Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a U.S. non-profit organization dedicated to creating, evaluating, and replicating innovative solutions to poverty and policy problems worldwide. IPA specializes in using randomized impact evaluation to assess the effectiveness of development programs. Job Summary
Innovations for Poverty Action, Ghana seeks an Office Manager to be based in its Tamale office. The Office Manager will report to the Senior Operations Manager and the Northern Regional Manager, and will manage and oversee the smooth running of the Tamale office. In particular, the Office Manager will;
• Receive visitors
• Manage office safety and security;
• Manage maintenance and repairs in the office
• Manage the usage of the office vehicle;
• Coordinate the procurement of office supplies;
• Coordinate the payment of utilities and other repeat payments;
• Manage petty cash in the office;
• Arrange travel logistics for staff and visitors;
• Review short term staff contracts;
• Manage the HR database;
• Manage the filing of employee records;
• Coordinate onboarding of new staff;
• Track employee contracts, contact information and work permit applications.
• Update general policies and procedures for the Tamale office;
• Track Tamale office expenses, and reconcile on a monthly basis;
• Manage the usage of the office printer and prepare monthly print bills for projects;
• Assist project teams with logistics related to trainings, workshops and other events;
• Perform other work related duties that may be assigned Qualification Required & Experience It is required that candidates have;
• A bachelors degree in Business Administration or its equivalent;
• Strong computer skills including high proficiency in Word and Excel;
• Demonstrated experience in office management;
• Very high level of proficiency in English; strong oral and written communications skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies;
• Knowledge of human resource management practices;
• Good interpersonal relations;
• Ability to work efficiently, accurately and independently;
• Ability to adjust to changing deadlines;
• Knowledge of Dagbani and experience living in Tamale is preferred;
• Women are strongly encouraged to apply Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Please submit the following by email to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
16 May, 2014
• CV, including contact information
• Cover letter/Letter of Intent
• Three employment references
• The subject line of the email should read; Accounts and Procurement Officer.
All documents should be submitted as attachments, and the file names should include the name of the applicant.
• The documents may be submitted in MS Word or PDF format.
• Applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted by email or phone. Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.