Since 1963, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy, Based in Washington, D.C, ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to be based in the Tamale Office for a multi-year USAID-funded project.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Work closely with Deputy Chief of Party (Technical) to provide administrative support for northern Ghana operations to ensure that all deliverable are provided, stakeholders are engaged, all project staff are appropriately managed and supported and results are achieved.
• Ensure the smooth administration of the Tamale Office, including human resource management, finance and logistics, and support the Wa and Bolga offices as well
• Support the Deputy Chief of Party to ensure that managerial, administrative, and financial procedures comply with ACDI/VOCA and USAID policies, and that all project staff and partners are effectively advised and supported to understand and apply these policies in their daily work
• Lead the development and/or management of budgets for the Tamale project office, and provide substantial guidance and other appropriate assistance to senior staff in managing their budgets effectively
• Assure regular and effective monitoring of the Tamale Office's overall budget and specific program budgets, including review of local cost sheets, preparation of pipelines for locally generated expenses and use of budget and financial tracking information for effective program management, planning and decision making
• Lead the improvement of the project's finance and accounting systems in Tamale, including money transfers, vouchers, petty cash management, and authorization policies to assure appropriate, transparent and timely management of the project's financial resources and cash disbursements
• Assure the smooth organization of project events and within the most cost-effective means
• Supervise and provide timely and appropriate guidance and support to assure the high performance of the Accountant and Office Manager.
• Ensure effective and efficient use of project resources, including vehicles and equipment, in accordance with the organization's policies
• Liaise with the ACDI/VOCA Accra Head Office on all administrative and financial issues, and ensure the smooth implementation of policy directives
. Support the office manager on procurement and staff management, in accordance with ACDI/VOCA's policies and procedures.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced degree in management or related field
• Minimum of ten years of progressive work experience including a minimum of five years in a management position providing administrative oversight and management systems development and implementation leadership
• Experience working on agricultural projects funded by donors, particularly USAID will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel and other relevant computer applications
• Ability to work with minimal guidance and manage priorities and work flow
• Versatility, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
• Relationship building skills. Demonstrate ability to work in a team. Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary to work effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
How To Apply For The Job
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume CV to:-
23 December, 2015