The Ghana Agricultural Sector Investment Programme (GASIP) is a Government of Ghana (GoG) programme designed to provide a framework for a long-term financing arrangement for private sector-led, pro-poor agricultural value chain development in Ghana. Financiers are International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Government of Ghana (GoG). The Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA) is the implementing ministry
The Programme has three components.
• Component 1
(Value Chain Development) is central to ensuring strong business linkages among actors in the entire value chains of commodities, to ensure they meet market or consumer and industry demands. It has three sub-components: (i) Agribusiness linkage development; (ii) Rural financial services and (iii) Climate Change Resilience—which is mainstreamed into value chain interventions to reduce risks, enhance profitability and sustainable production systems.
• Component 2
(Rural Value Chain Infrastructure) is aimed at providing the enabling infrastructure to catalyse value chain development. It has two sub-components: (i) Productive Infrastructure and Facilities—aimed at encouraging investments in commercial infrastructure and facilities for the selected value chains; and (ii) Enabling Public Infrastructure— aimed to finance enabling public infrastructure for the growth and viability of selected value chains.
• Component 3
(Knowledge Management, Policy Support and Coordination) aimed at harnessing successful lessons for replication and providing an enabling environment for optimization of programme opportunities and benefits.
Reports to the National Programme Coordinator (NPC) and have close working relationships with all officers on the Programme.
The Policy and Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (PMEM) will be responsible for (a) policy support (b) monitoring and evaluation and (c) knowledge management. (S)he is responsible for guiding the overall M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within the programme as well as providing timely and relevant information to the NPC and programme stakeholders including field staff and consultants of external M&E-related missions.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Agricultural Policy Development and management involving coordination of and participation in policy studies, advocacy and dissemination of such studies;
• M&E System Development and Management in close collaboration with MoFA M&E Division and Zonal M&E officers;
• Establishment of a functional knowledge management system that involves analysis, documentation and dissemination of information and lessons learned;
• Facilitating the development of the Annual Work Plan and Budget (AWPB), ensuring alignment with programme strategy, agreement on annual targets;
• Facilitating external supervision and evaluation missions;
• Assessing M&E capacity of the programme, implementing partner staff and primary stakeholders and ensure that required capacity is in place;
• Critically assess achievement of outcomes and results, gather and analyze data to enhance management’s efforts towards effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of the programme;
• Identifies policy gaps and opportunities to create a favorable environment for value chain development in Ghana. Identify the opportunities to improve the delivery of the services provided by GASIP in collaboration with the component managers;
• Prepares timely and appropriate reports on progress and problems of program implementation including quarterly and annual operational and financial progress reports on GASIP activities;
• Mainstream gender and youth into GASIP program. Ensure that the targeting strategy of GASIP is up to date. Lead the required update of the targeting strategy of GASIP when deemed necessary; and
• Undertakes any other responsibility that will ensure smooth and effective implementation of the Programme or as may be directed by the National Programme Coordinator.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Masters’ degree in Agriculture, Project Management, Agricultural Economics, Social Science or other related fields;
• At least 10 years of relevant work experience in policy design and implementation, planning and design and implementation of M&E systems in the agricultural sector;
• Possess excellent understanding of rural and agricultural development issues related to markets, private sector development, decentralization and participation of the poor;
• Ability to use M&E methods and approaches including quantitative and participatory approaches in surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations;
• Possess high managerial experience and knowledge of strategic planning approaches;
• A solid understanding of public policies, development approaches with a focus on participatory processes, market economy management, and gender issues; and
• Ability to produce high-quality briefs and reports
• Good level of proficiency in Microsoft Applications including MS Project;
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others;
• Experienced in electronic data processing and analysis and data base development; and
• Strong analytical and market-oriented skills.
• The position will be on a contract basis for two (2) years with the possibility of extension depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply For the Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
21 November 2018