• The President is the Academic and Executive Head and Chief Disciplinary Officer of the College.
• The President as the Chief Executive Officer of the College shall be responsible, in accordance with the Statute and with the decisions of the Senate and the Council of the College for organizing and conducting the Academic, Financial and Administrative business of the College. It shall be the right of the President to advise Council and Senate on all matters affecting policy, finance, governance and the administration of the College
• The President shall have overall authority over the academic, financial and the administrative staff of the College. EXPECTATIONS
It is expected that the President will bring a strong entrepreneurial and market-oriented vision to the College, and will inspire innovation, strengthen academic programmes and administration, support the student experience and attract additional resources to chart the course for the future of the College.
The President must be strongly committed to innovation and new ideas. In addition to these qualities, the President should be.
• committed to the highest standards of persona; and institutional integrity and values based on Christian principles including staunch adherence to probity and accountability in fiscal matters;
• able to lead the College to establish income generating ventures;
• a vocal and articulate advocate of total excellence in scholarship and research;
• able to work wisely, intelligently and collaboratively with ail members of the academic community to refine and implement the University’s vision for scholarship, research and community service, TENURE OF OFFICE
• The term of office for the President shall be a period of four (4) years in the first instance, renewable for two (2 ) years and subject to good health another two ( 2) years.
• The Successful candidate must be Able to serve at least a minimum first term of 4 years on or before attaining 65 years.
• The person to be appointed would be expected to be available for orientation programme from, Monday, 2nd June, 2014, CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The position comes with very attractive terms and conditions of service. Qualification Required & Experience
• The candidate must be a Professor/Associate Professor with considerable research and high level administrative experience in higher education institution.
• The successful candidate should have demonstrable experience in organizational leadership and management, proven strategic and problem-solving skills, sound fiscal management experience and the willingness and appetite to raise funds successfully.
• PUCG seeks an individual with a distinguished record of scholarly accomplishment, excellent interpersonal communication skills, a naturally respectful, collaborative and accessible leadership style and the capacity and willingness to be an engaging ambassador and advocate for the College.
• The President should have significant leadership experience in managing a higher educational institution or other similar organization, strong business acumen and management skills, to lead the management staff and faculty and inspire students at all levels of the growing University College. Location:
Abetifi-Kwahu, Eastern Region How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit two (2) copies of their Curriculum Vitae including the list of publications with dates.
Candidates should submit a succinct statement of their vision for the University College and their plan of achieving the vision.
Application should be addressed to: The Secretary Search Committee (President) Presbyterian University College, Ghana P. O. Box, 59 Abetifi-Kwahu
Email: [email protected] Closing Date:
04 February, 2014