National Peace Council
Job Vacancy For Principal Programmes Manager (Conflict Resolution and Management) At National Peace Council
To provide technical and operational support for the implementation of programmes and projects of the Council.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises the implementation of dialogue processes, negotiations and peace building initiatives.
• Serves as a liaison between the Council and Civil Society Organisations for programme development and implementation.
• Analyses political developments and related trends in Ghana for timely, objective and accurate assessment and forecast for action.
• Develops modalities for joint programmes and other types of collaborations with relevant partners, especially national training institutions, universities and donors
• Supervises the collation of position papers, annual and other reports, policy guidelines, statements and presentations for the Department.
• Mobilises sector wide coordination and develop mechanisms to engage policy makers, in collaboration with stakeholders.
• Provides programme support to Regional Programme Units to ensure efficient and effective implementation of programmes and activities.
• Supervises the collation of data for the preparation of the annual work plan and the budget of the department.
• Supervises the collation of data for the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the department.
• Identify possible relevant areas for research.
• Provides training and capacity building in Conflict Resolution and Management for staff of the Council.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of master's degree in Peace and Conflict Studies, or related programme from an accredited tertiary institution
• A minimum of four (4) years post-bachelor's degree relevant
• work experience in a reputable institution.
• Good knowledge in peace building, governance, gender and conflict resolution
• Good Leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills
• Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Extensive negotiation, arbitration and diplomatic skills.
• Knowledge of financial management regulations.
• Knowledge of conflict situation in Ghana, Good analytical and report writing skills.
• Proficiency in relevant computer application.
• Knowledge of programmes management High integrity and ethics
How To Apply For The Job
Applications (in sealed envelopes marked, in the top left corner with the corresponding number of the position being applied for) with a Curriculum Vitae including names and addresses of three (3) referees, should reach the address below:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
P. O. BOX GP 1618
Closing Date: 19 November, 2014