The Quality Assurance and Results Department (ORQR) seeks to improve the quality and the development impact of the Bank’s operations. This includes promoting a stronger focus on results by coordinating the Bank Group’s Results Measurement Framework—a corporate performance tool designed to assist the Bank Group in achieving the key developmental objectives it adopted in its Strategy 2013-2022.
The Results Reporting Division (ORQR1) is responsible for improving the Bank Group’s ability to report on results and development effectiveness, including the publication of the Annual Development Effectiveness Review and of a series of thematic and country reviews. The Division contributes to strengthening the results-focus of the Bank Group operations and country strategies, including leading the development and revision of the Corporate Results Measurement Framework.
Duties and responsibilities
The Principal Results Specialist, will work under the direct supervision of the Manager, Results Reporting Division, ORQR.1, and the overall guidance of the Director, Results and Quality Assurance Department .
Responsibilities will include:
• Contributing to developing, supporting and maintaining the Bank Group’s Results Measurement Framework (RMF).
• Coordinating and reviewing data collection for indicators at all four levels of the Bank’s RMF and ensuring overall coherence.
• Conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis on the Bank’s performance against the indicators and targets included in the RMF.
• Contribute to the effective roll-out of Results Reporting System;
• Contributing to planning, organising and supervising one or several Banks’ flagship publications on Development Effectiveness: the Annual Development Effectiveness Review, thematic and country reviews.
• Establishing and maintain strong working relationships with other Bank departments and building professional networks with development organisations including multilateral development banks and the OECD;
• Providing support to Bank’s management in the overall management and coordination of MfDR activities;
• Supervising the work of consultants as necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
• Master’s degree preferably in economics, statistics, development studies or political sciences;
• Posses a minimum of six years of relevant professional work experience;
• Experience in an international organization would be an added advantage;
• Excellent technical, analytical skills and established operational track record of achieving results;
• Strong IT skills and familiarity with database management tools;
• Strong conceptual abilities and capacity to produce high-quality analytical work. Good judgment in dealing with complex and sensitive policy issues.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work effectively with teams in a multicultural environment.
• Demonstrated ability to establish plans and priorities and advance initiatives with energy and commitment. Proven capacity to produce quality results on a timely basis and according to budget.
Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French (with a working-knowledge of the other language) with demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online
14 November, 2014
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply