PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
• The Processing Plant Refurbishment Manager is responsible for safely managing and delivering the refurbishment scope of works of the fixed assets for the processing plant within the agreed budget costs and timeframes. The role holder will be directly managing the AGAG refurbishment team through the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning stages, interfacing and coordinating the contractors refurbishment activities, and working collaterally with the Maintenance Planning Manager to plan the refurbishment activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary degree in civil engineering.
• Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
• A highly experienced mechanical/maintenance engineer with 15+ years experience in Mineral Processing plant construction and maintenance
• Strong construction competencies (estimating, scheduling, structural principles and practices, mechanical and electrical systems, construction contracting, materials, methods and equipment)
• Sound project management skills.
• Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
• Legally astute with respect to project delivery
• Demonstrated ability for project delivery.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel from technical, to management to the Executive.
• Delegate tasks to those capable of completing them, or assign workers to oversee areas of a project.
• Evaluate progression and adherence to deadlines on a routine basis.
• Ability to re-prioritize planned activities and tasks.
• Problem solving skills -
• Ability to identify solutions to problems that others have not considered.
• Execution of the refurbishment activities for the Processing plant in accordance with the Project Safety Management Plan and consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
Compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements under applicable law
• Execution of the refurbishment activities in accordance with the conditions of State and Federal project approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan;
• Support the Engineering Manager to identify and select contractors and sub-contractors that are capable of delivering the refurbishment scope of works.
• Develop the Processing plant refurbishment methodology to deliver the project phases scope of work.
• Identify and recommend the potential future workforce from the contractors and sub-contractors to be recruited for continuing operations. Execute Refurbishment activities in compliance with the site Industrial Relations strategy for the project, so that the construction activities are executed in harmony and without disruption.
• Support Planning Manager to develop the Processing plant and related infrastructure refurbishment plan.
• Detailed Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule consistent with the scope and quality contained within the Project Execution Plan..
• Delivery consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which addresses the construction time, cost and quality risks.
• Refurbishment of the processing plant unit operations required for the Phase 1 Operations as per the Project Execution Plan to deliver commissioning of the Phase 1 operations at 2,000tpd.
• Phase 2 refurbishment scope of work as per the Project Execution Plan to deliver 4,000tpd operations.
• Deliver Execution Plan in accordance with the approved budget and timeframes
• Effective contractor and sub-contractor management where required to guarantee delivery of contract provisions.
• Detailed testing, dry and wet commissioning and handover plans for the Refurbished Processing Plant components
• Dry and wet commissioning and hand over of Refurbished Processing Plant components to the operating team
• Contribute to the training plans for the Refurbished Processing facilities
• Preparation of manuals, records and drawings for the Refurbished Processing facility
• Execute the refurbishment activities of the project within the approved budget.
• Execute the refurbishment of Processing Plant within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
• Develop a Project risk assessment plant including current and potential risks to the Refurbishment scope of works utilising the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks
• Monthly updates of Project risk assessment plan and reporting.
• Contribute to the preparation of the monthly and weekly refurbishment works reports.
• Provision of timely information with respect to progress against plan (timeliness, cost and quality considerations), detailing variances with reasons for variances, activities planned to recover and actions required to prevent recurrence of notified variances
• The Senior Engineering Manager will provide financial and decision-making authorities commensurate with the needs of the role, and AGA’s Delegation of Authority policy.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
30 October, 2016